Authenticate This Brahmin

amymb

Feb 15, 2009
Hi everyone - I hope you can help me. I saw this purse advertised on Craigslist, and I think it's lovely, but before I go shelling out money, I want to make sure I'm getting the real deal. (Craigslist is great in some ways, but I'm wary of it, for obvious reasons...)
Here's the picture...

3283632426_bf2796d3a9_m.jpg

And here's the response of the seller when I wrote for additional information about the bag:
"I do not know which collection it is from. I bought it from Belk's
about two and a half years ago. It has a magnectic closure, two
zipper parts, and when you open the bag, it opens to a section with
places for credit cards or other like cards. It does have a special
place for license. The Brahmin label is inside one of the zipper
parts. It also has the Brahmin, "FairHaven, Mass. USA madallion."

What do you guys think?

Can anyone tell me about Brahmin? Recently purchased a red Brahmin bag...love it! Is it real, or a fake dont know. But it was a Great deal!! What should I look for to authenticate a Brahmin in the future? See photos.

looks pretty fake to me, I'm quite good wit Brahmin bags (my aunt is their no.1 client apparently) the stitching, lining, and logo all look too sloppy to be real.

You should check for a secodn opinion though this is what I think

I bought & have received this Brahmin bag from Ebay. This is my first Brahmin. I've been a Coach person for years and am very good at spotting a fake Coach...not so much a fake Brahmin. If anyone out there knows about Brahmin's, could you please take a look at these pictures and give me your opinion? Thanks!

Name: Brahmin brown croc handbag purse
Number: 270651676316
Seller id: bbor1336
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270651676316&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Looks good to me. I have had several Brahmin bags before. They are super sturdy. The medallion, the pen holders, the lining and the croc print all look exactly like the bags I have had. Pretty. You will enjoy it.:love:;)

I purchased this Brahmin bag at Goodwill this morning. Can someone take a look and see if it is authentic?

If authentic, I would like to know approximate date of manufacture.

brahminhang.jpg

brahminside.jpg

brahmininside.jpg

brahminfront.jpg

brahminbutton.jpg

brahminbottom.jpg

brahminback.jpg

hi, I probably should not respond, but I see a day has passed and no one has helped, so my opinion is small, I know nothing regarding the number you show. I can only say I have many many Brahmin bags, have been interested in them for years. I have seen tons of them, and this looks authentic. No guarantee, but I would feel fine with it. If some one knows more, I too would love knowledge on it,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

I need to get some leather conditioner. I saw some made by Brahmin at Dillard's today.

I am enjoying this little bag. It is a joy to carry.

you are welcome, it's a nice looking bag. Brahmin makes somes great styles, and dillards and ebay has good prices all the time. check out the brahmin website, the bags with dangling roses are so cool