Authenticate This BOTTEGA VENETA

Thank you!!

Here are the two photos, a hopefully clearer shot of the tag and the receipt. The seller said she bought the bag from a “friend” and this is the receipt.
View attachment 4333607View attachment 4333608

It totally helped to call the BV website. So it turns out the serial number is in the system but the number in the system shows a taupe color Olimpia, not black. It’s inconsistent with the bag. Could this be a system error? Does this ever happen? I almost feel worse for the seller at this point.

Do I return this bag as not authentic even if I’m not sure? I’m so torn.
Okay, so it was purchased form a Duty-Free in Hong Kong in May 2016. I'm going to have to dig deep on the hardware change. The bag doesn't look like it's been dyed. All the details are consistent with a Nero bag.
To be honest, with all the inconsistencies that Bottega Veneta has stated, and your concerns, I would return the bag. I'm not familiar with Mercari so I don't know what their criteria is for disputes. My advice is to post in the eBay forum and ask @BeenBurned for help - she has a lot of knowledge about these types of things. Good luck and report back. I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful :flowers:

Reactions: jburgh
Okay, so it was purchased form a Duty-Free in Hong Kong in May 2016. I'm going to have to dig deep on the hardware change. The bag doesn't look like it's been dyed. All the details are consistent with a Nero bag.
To be honest, with all the inconsistencies that Bottega Veneta has stated, and your concerns, I would return the bag. I'm not familiar with Mercari so I don't know what their criteria is for disputes. My advice is to post in the eBay forum and ask @BeenBurned for help - she has a lot of knowledge about these types of things. Good luck and report back. I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful :flowers:
Thank you! You have been so helpful! I really want to hold on to the bag because it looks so beautiful and feels so great and so much like the Olimpias in the boutique. I'm sad to send it back.

Trying again with proper formatting. This is a bag that I own so there is no "seller name"

I was told that this is a vintage bag from the 1980s. It appears to be made of linen or flax? Having snakeskin on the straps and the soft sheepskin leather on the bottom of the bag. It does not have a tag on the inner lining. Thoughts please?

The Cervo Loop looks authentic IMO (*). No idea on colour. You’d need the bag in your hands to determine that.

*I think for all bags with the post-2012 style authenticity tags, the more pics, the better - especially underside of zipper(s) stitching, lining, etc :flowers:

Reactions: H’sKisses
Hello ladies,
May I get some assistance with this veneta - it was purchased and upon receipt there appears to be a flower like/paísley detail in the leather? I only have some cervo bags and a few basic leather intrecciato weave. So I’m not sure what to think. I have included some more pictures below. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thank you!

Listing number; N/A
Seller Name: the realreal
Working link: https://www.therealreal.com/product...ga-veneta-intrecciato-veneta-hobo-ufHcnigUjgo

Attachments

• F4755B6D-1BCD-44F4-8639-D0CF6AE869D4.jpeg
    F4755B6D-1BCD-44F4-8639-D0CF6AE869D4.jpeg
    391.4 KB · Views: 172
  • 90DB1731-55AF-4C5E-9EAA-50B4BB77FC90.jpeg
    90DB1731-55AF-4C5E-9EAA-50B4BB77FC90.jpeg
    286.5 KB · Views: 173
  • 2A96A154-A278-4E61-A65A-5DBEE881C339.jpeg
    2A96A154-A278-4E61-A65A-5DBEE881C339.jpeg
    317.5 KB · Views: 173
  • 65C382A8-FCA4-45F0-AB63-EBFA1CFA94A7.jpeg
    65C382A8-FCA4-45F0-AB63-EBFA1CFA94A7.jpeg
    208.3 KB · Views: 183
Hello ladies,
May I get some assistance with this veneta - it was purchased and upon receipt there appears to be a flower like/paísley detail in the leather? I only have some cervo bags and a few basic leather intrecciato weave. So I’m not sure what to think. I have included some more pictures below. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thank you!

Listing number; N/A
Seller Name: the realreal
Working link: https://www.therealreal.com/product...ga-veneta-intrecciato-veneta-hobo-ufHcnigUjgo
The Large Nero Tooled Veneta is authentic, IMO :flowers:
I believe it may have been the “Special Veneta” for Fall/Winter 2005... ish???
It may have been alternatively named the Floral Embossed Veneta (?).
Here is a random pic from the bowels of the forum of one in a Camel/Noce-ish colour.
2EFF015A-7B3D-4CB8-8229-32251B7EFAE9.jpeg

Reactions: Bagcoolie
The Large Nero Tooled Veneta is authentic, IMO :flowers:
I believe it may have been the “Special Veneta” for Fall/Winter 2005... ish???
It may have been alternatively named the Floral Embossed Veneta (?).
Here is a random pic from the bowels of the forum of one in a Camel/Noce-ish colour.
View attachment 4334878

Thank you VON1B2! It’s in great condition - already squishy - small few ink marks inside (livable) and thats about it. I have a maxi and am just finding it’s too big and not getting used and just wanted a smaller classic bag.

Reactions: V0N1B2
Hello Bottega Veneta Experts,
Good evening. I hope your weekend is going well.
Would you please kindly authenticate this Roma for me? I hope it is the real deal. Thank you in advance.
Item name: BOTTEGA VENETA Handbag - Roma Intrecciato Weave in Soft Pink - Authentic

Item #: 323606763540
Seller I.D.: thechalkgarden
Item Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/BOTTEGA-VE...=item4b58775814:g:rpcAAOSwyWxb0xit:rk:11:pf:0
Thank you.
The Small Roma is authentic, IMO :flowers:
Colour is most likely (New) Petale from Spring 2016

Thank you!!

Here are the two photos, a hopefully clearer shot of the tag and the receipt. The seller said she bought the bag from a “friend” and this is the receipt.
View attachment 4333607View attachment 4333608

It totally helped to call the BV website. So it turns out the serial number is in the system but the number in the system shows a limestone (taupe color) Olimpia, not black. It’s inconsistent with the bag. Could this be a system error? Does this ever happen? I almost feel worse for the seller at this point.

Do I return this bag as not authentic even if I’m not sure? I’m so torn.

I would return the bag
If the # is in the system but a different color that sends a red flag to me right away
Sounds like they are using a tag from another bag

Hello, I just wanted to come back and give an update on the Olimpia I bought on Mercari. So I forwarded the receipt to my SA at the Melrose Place boutique and heard back today. She emailed me today to say that she forwarded the info to the BV customer service department and she received word back today that although it is unusual that there is a discrepancy in the authentication code, they do still believe the item is likely authentic.
Just wanted to let you know that I guess there could very rarely be discrepancies in the authentication code. Go figure.
Again,thanks everyone!