Authenticate This BOTTEGA VENETA

There should be a tag inside the zippered pocket, if you can post a photo of the front/back of that.

Just checked .. no sign of any tag anywhere on the bag ...(:

This is the bag in white I found online with a few differences: https://parisstation.com/collection...a-veneta-white-intrecciato-leather-bucket-bag
Thanks again for looking at this!!
Isn't this a Cervo Illusion Tote? Because the leather doesn't look like Cervo to me. Or metallic. Maybe you could post the underside of the zipper?

Isn't this a Cervo Illusion Tote? Because the leather doesn't look like Cervo to me. Or metallic. Maybe you could post the underside of the zipper?
This smooth leather version was available at Neiman Marcus and Overstock. Odd, I know. Did not get good reviews on Allwomentalk, either, for whatever reason. There's no year tied into any of these mentions. In your encyclopedic knowledge, perhaps you can dig up if there was a special version made for NM that eventually made its way to Overstock?

Last edited:
Gorgeously authentic. FWIW, I’ve never seen BV card stock with gold lettering, only the brown like you’ve shown here.

There is no such thing as a BV authenticity card
They are merely car cards
We kept them in the store sometimes the bags came from Italy without them and we would supply them

Thanks so much for your guidance and expertise! You're a diamond! I was anxious it was not authentic as the size is very slightly bigger than current knots in stores. Do you think the red knot I purchased is from a specific production year or an earlier version?

In terms of a black BV card with gold writing please see below photos of my gold sandals purchased from MyTheresa earlier this year with it's BV card (flash makes it look brown) and dark grey knot my friend purchased from MyTheresa this week with the same dark BV card.

What's your opinion in terms of why the colour and style of BV cards are different e.g. brown or black? Or is it just something that changed over time for the brand?BV BV 01.jpeg BV BV 02.jpeg

Attachments

• bv 01.jpeg
    bv 01.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 164
Thanks so much for your guidance and expertise! You're a diamond! I was anxious it was not authentic as the size is very slightly bigger than current knots in stores. Do you think the red knot I purchased is from a specific production year or an earlier version?

In terms of a black BV card with gold writing please see below photos of my gold sandals purchased from MyTheresa earlier this year with it's BV card (flash makes it look brown) and dark grey knot my friend purchased from MyTheresa this week with the same dark BV card.

What's your opinion in terms of why the colour and style of BV cards are different e.g. brown or black? Or is it just something that changed over time for the brand?View attachment 4258604 View attachment 4258605

They could have changed the color of the print
Everything evolves
I do not authenticate knot bags

Reactions: Mousse
This smooth leather version was available at Neiman Marcus and Overstock. Odd, I know. Did not get good reviews on Allwomentalk, either, for whatever reason. There's no year tied into any of these mentions. In your encyclopedic knowledge, perhaps you can dig up if there was a special version made for NM that eventually made its way to Overstock?

Does this help?

OK, I’m calling this one: I was wrong about it- the lack of ‘made in Italy’, no tag, and this zipper all add up to not authentic. I don’t know what NM and Overstock had, since we can’t see the stamp and zipper on those.

9595662B-1E97-4A74-8C96-E960A6BC37A7.jpeg AF130EEB-72FD-411C-915F-40DFBBF805D3.jpeg 4130B047-86F0-4444-AA0A-3B7B43198E34.jpeg 2E983598-2A9C-4FB9-A315-9DAC9ABFD26C.jpeg Item Name: New Bottega Veneta Black Intrecciato Calf Leather Card Case Wallet Unisex
Listing number: 223155984162
Seller name or ID: Current-Styles
Working Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BOTTEG...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Comments: in my excitement, I bought this and forgot to have it authenticated by you kind ladies first. However, since I have 30 days to return, Please still help if possible. I have attached two photos of the logos and 2 pics of the zipper pull here. Due to the size and the location, I tried for ten minutes and could not get a picture of the back of the zipper without risking destroying or damaging the item. Thank you so much!!! Your efforts are greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Authentic.

View attachment 4260832 View attachment 4260833 View attachment 4260834 View attachment 4260835 Item Name: New Bottega Veneta Black Intrecciato Calf Leather Card Case Wallet Unisex
Listing number: 223155984162
Seller name or ID: Current-Styles
Working Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BOTTEGA-VENETA-BLACK-INTRECCIATO-CALF-LEATHER-CARD-CASE-WALLET-UNISEX/223155984162?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Comments: in my excitement, I bought this and forgot to have it authenticated by you kind ladies first. However, since I have 30 days to return, Please still help if possible. I have attached two photos of the logos and 2 pics of the zipper pull here. Due to the size and the location, I tried for ten minutes and could not get a picture of the back of the zipper without risking destroying or damaging the item. Thank you so much!!! Your efforts are greatly appreciated!