Authenticate This Bottega Veneta

Status
Not open for further replies.

beauxgoris

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
I thought it might be a good idea to have a BLUEFLY authentication thread since so many of us purchased BV items from them. It seems like so far we have all had good luck - but just in case we can all post our BV items and get feedback.

^ what a GREAT idea, beauxgoris! Thanks for thinking of it!!! I just really hope Bluefly keeps bringing us fantastic deals on BV! What they have had lately is some amazing stuff!
I don't have pics but I do have a question for anyone who can answer: On my two zip up card cases (coin wallets)of the same style from bluefly, the placement of the authenticity tags were different inside the two wallets...is that normal for BV not to always place their tags in the same place, even for bags/accessories of the same style?

1. small BV card case:

DSC01081.jpg

DSC01083.jpg

DSC01084.jpg

They all look good to me, B. Is the zip card case leather inside and is the font inside? I have one in Limo. I love the things you selected.

Your black cosmetic case is the same as the magnolia one you told me about and I ordered. Received it today and it's the real deal!! I'm too tired to post a pic tonight but it's a beautiful little case..

What worries me about BV, is that they would be sooooo easy to superfake; particularly in Italy.

Most of them have so few truly distinguishing features, that all you would have to do is get the leather, the construction and the interior heat stamp right and the rest looks like relative child's play, to me... :s

Other brands have elaborate hardware, all over the place, often stamped or engraved with logos and yet, they sell for the same, or often less, than BV, so it is very hard for the fakers to get everything right and may even not be cost-effective for them to really try hard to do so.

Whereas, BVs are so expensive these days and yet so simple, that it makes it well worth the high-end fakers' time to get the few details they have absolutely perfect.

As their popularity increases, I think BV will need to work hard to produce, hidden, distinguishing features. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.