Authenticate This Botkier

Lninos is 1000000% authentic, i have bought from them a few times and many many of my friends on the board have bought everything, koobas, botkiers, moni monis, anything it is all 1000% authentic nothing to worry about !:smile:

Just posting some follow-up about this bag that I asked about earlier (the Sasha satchel in glass), since there were some questions about the seller and what type of condition the bag would be in:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...PageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=014#ebayphotohosting

It arrived today and actually looks very good. There was a tiny blue ink mark on the bottom, but otherwise it's in really excellent condition. I don't know a lot about Botkier, but it seems to be a beautiful, authentic bag. The glass is such a neat color.

My question for you all is - there is a leather tag on the inside that says "Made in Indonesia." Is that correct? Also, should there be a serial number anywhere? There is no authenticity card with the bag, which I didn't expect there to be, but I wondered if there are any other things I should check for authenticity.

And finally, it's a much smaller bag than I thought it would be. Not in a bad way - actually, probably a good thing given that it's more of a hand-carry than a shoulder bag with the short drop length. It reminds me of the size/style of a doctor bag. But it does make me think . . .maybe the Sasha duffle isn't as huge as I was thinking and maybe I can justify it as being something I can use as more than carry-on luggage?

Sorry to go off-topic - I just think I'm becoming a bit of a Botkier fan. These really are such lovely bags!

I don't own a sasha satchel but none of my bags have a serial number or a tag that says where it's made. Definitely wait for other opinions.

I go by the lining (whether the botkier print looks right and spaced out properly, but some bags don't even have printed linings) and the plate, and just the general grain of the material. Botkier bags aren't outrageously expensive, so fakes usually use very bad leather so the price would be cheaper to make (it would make no sense if they made an exact replica with the right materials, they wouldn't make any profit!), so leather is quite a big giveaway.

Botkier isn't very good with consistency... with the triggers, they kept changing where the plate is every season, and the quality of leather too. It's very annoying! Thankfully, i've only seen super obvious fakes (leather is plasticky), but everything else in check unfortunately.

I don't own a sasha satchel but none of my bags have a serial number or a tag that says where it's made. Definitely wait for other opinions.

I go by the lining (whether the botkier print looks right and spaced out properly, but some bags don't even have printed linings) and the plate, and just the general grain of the material. Botkier bags aren't outrageously expensive, so fakes usually use very bad leather so the price would be cheaper to make (it would make no sense if they made an exact replica with the right materials, they wouldn't make any profit!), so leather is quite a big giveaway.

Botkier isn't very good with consistency... with the triggers, they kept changing where the plate is every season, and the quality of leather too. It's very annoying! Thankfully, i've only seen super obvious fakes (leather is plasticky), but everything else in check unfortunately.

The bag I got is definitely made from very high quality leather - very soft and beautiful. There is nothing about it that leads me to believe it is not authentic. All the hardware, lining, etc. look fine. It also seems like counterfeiting a Sasha satchel in glass wouldn't make a lot of sense - it doesn't seem to be a super-popular style like some of the others. The one thing that concerns me is what you said about your bags not having a tag saying where they are made. Mine does _not_ have a serial number, but it does have a small leather tag inside that says "Made in Indonesia." The tag itself is pretty nice, and actually leather, with the lettering stamped in silver, for what that is worth. But maybe it's as you said and Botkier can vary in those kinds of details.

Just posting some follow-up about this bag that I asked about earlier (the Sasha satchel in glass), since there were some questions about the seller and what type of condition the bag would be in:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...PageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=014#ebayphotohosting

It arrived today and actually looks very good. There was a tiny blue ink mark on the bottom, but otherwise it's in really excellent condition. I don't know a lot about Botkier, but it seems to be a beautiful, authentic bag. The glass is such a neat color.

My question for you all is - there is a leather tag on the inside that says "Made in Indonesia." Is that correct? Also, should there be a serial number anywhere? There is no authenticity card with the bag, which I didn't expect there to be, but I wondered if there are any other things I should check for authenticity.

And finally, it's a much smaller bag than I thought it would be. Not in a bad way - actually, probably a good thing given that it's more of a hand-carry than a shoulder bag with the short drop length. It reminds me of the size/style of a doctor bag. But it does make me think . . .maybe the Sasha duffle isn't as huge as I was thinking and maybe I can justify it as being something I can use as more than carry-on luggage?

Sorry to go off-topic - I just think I'm becoming a bit of a Botkier fan. These really are such lovely bags!

Yes, there is a little leather tag that says Made in Indonesia. It should be lined in tanish/cream fabric that has Botkier all over it. All of the zipper pulls should be leather and be imprinted with Botkier. On the inside, there should be two open pockets on the front side, one cell phone sized, one longer. There should also be a gold chain. On the back should be one long zipper pocket and a brass Botkier nameplate.

All that said, I've never known fakes to be made of the Sasha line. I'd be more catious of Triggers and Biancas. I think on the people who replied were more worried about the condition of the bag since that seller had a lot of feedback comments about it.

The Sasha duffle is a lot bigger than the satchel, even when it's in it's satchel form.

Oh, and there isn't a serial number on the bag, only on the authenticity card.

Yes, there is a little leather tag that says Made in Indonesia. It should be lined in tanish/cream fabric that has Botkier all over it. All of the zipper pulls should be leather and be imprinted with Botkier. On the inside, there should be two open pockets on the front side, one cell phone sized, one longer. There should also be a gold chain. On the back should be one long zipper pocket and a brass Botkier nameplate.

All that said, I've never known fakes to be made of the Sasha line. I'd be more catious of Triggers and Biancas. I think on the people who replied were more worried about the condition of the bag since that seller had a lot of feedback comments about it.

The Sasha duffle is a lot bigger than the satchel, even when it's in it's satchel form.

Thanks for your reply. That makes me feel better to hear that there is a leather tag on the inside. The only thing of what you've said that doesn't match up to mine is about the Botkier nameplate being brass - on my bag, it's silver, but that makes sense because all of the hardware on the bag is silver. I think you said in another thread you had the pudding? So that may just be a matter of the color, since I've seen pictures of other glass bags with silver hardware. Anyway, thanks for your help!

Thanks for your reply. That makes me feel better to hear that there is a leather tag on the inside. The only thing of what you've said that doesn't match up to mine is about the Botkier nameplate being brass - on my bag, it's silver, but that makes sense because all of the hardware on the bag is silver. I think you said in another thread you had the pudding? So that may just be a matter of the color, since I've seen pictures of other glass bags with silver hardware. Anyway, thanks for your help!

Yup, mine has brass hardware.