Authenticate This Betsey Johnson

ladylucy

Sep 4, 2008
So, I came across this cute Betsey Johnson purse on ebay...It's a used purse and has a small ink stain on the corner bottom of the purse ...other than that..I love the vintage look and the bow front design...the seller says its "authentic" but then don't they always? can someone help me identify if this Betsey if real or fake? Don't want to bother watching the item and bidding over it if its fake.

Here is the ebay link for product description by seller:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Betsey-Johnson-...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

you can view large images of purse details on the site
moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

Thanks so much guys! I have less than a week to decide on this item.

Love,
LadyLucy

I'm totally with you, not usually a fan of her line, but this bag is really cute. It looks good to me. I've owned two Betsey's before... but have since sold them. Plus I don't think her bags have been faked yet. I think you're ok to bid on this one. :tup:

Hey! Like I said to the other poster about Betsey's bags, I don't think they are copied... yet. This bag is from the Betsyville line and from what I've seen in stores it looks good to me. Again, maybe someone else with a little more experience with this particular line would like to comment. I think it looks good! :tup:

I'm buying a Betsey Johnson from my friend. She bought the Betsey Johnson handbag from Plato's Closet (2nd hand store) for $30 w/ tags attached. She says she can tell it's real and my other friend who knows Betsey extremely well says it's real as well.

She is selling her bag for $40 to me b/c she has a shopping addiction to handbags and she just bought another one so she needs to balance our money some way.

I would just like to know:
Do they make fake Betsey handbags?

I have never heard of a fake betsey bag. The auth. bags are sold at some overstock/discount retailers (marshalls, tj max, etc). I've gotten some very good deals. My best is a lucky stars bag for $25, as well as two ooak sample bags for $49 each!

I'm probably the only Betsey pro on this website (if not, sorry), but no, there are not really any fakers out there. Betsey Johnson also does Betseyville. The regular Betsey Johnson line is her leather bags, and Betseyville is her fun line. Like stated above, you will be able to tell the difference in a real and fake.