*CLOSED* Authenticate This Alexander McQueen

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankieP

O.G.
Jun 24, 2006
I know a few people here have one (or two, or a half dozen) of these, I'd really appreciate your help in checking a few of these over for me. I've a feeling no.2 is fake, but am finding it hard to tell with the others.

Thanks so much! :flowers:

Scarf One:
black1he6.jpg
black2sl2.jpg

Scarf Two:
2ff8_1.JPG
3060_1.JPG
f19d_12.JPG

Scarf Three:
45571482_o.jpg
45571524_o.jpg

I've been checking ebay for a Celine or Alexander McQueen bag. I was wondering if you girls could offer me any general tips on verifying authenticity for either of these brands? Anything specific to look out for? Anything that fakes commonly have? I can't really distinguish these bags at all, and I did a board searh with little help.

Also, specifically...can anyone authenticate this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140189307039&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=004
I was going to bid and then ask, but I figured I'd save myself some hassel and ask before.

Thanks girls:smile:

I found this Alexander McQueen Novak Bag in black, and I was wondering if anyone could please help me identify it (pictures below), even though the seller says it's 100% Authentic.

The bag does not come with the original tag and dustbag, the seller is a powerseller with a perfect feedback score, and for some reason the bidders are concealed (which is suspicious- even though I don't know why).

THANKS!

Attachments

• 25cf_0.JPG
    25cf_0.JPG
    2.4 KB · Views: 3,930
  • 26c1_0.JPG
    26c1_0.JPG
    2.5 KB · Views: 3,923
  • 28d4_0.JPG
    28d4_0.JPG
    2.5 KB · Views: 3,924
  • 254c_0.JPG
    254c_0.JPG
    2.4 KB · Views: 3,931
  • 279e_0.JPG
    279e_0.JPG
    2 KB · Views: 3,943
I found this Alexander McQueen Novak Bag in black, and I was wondering if anyone could please help me identify it (pictures below), even though the seller says it's 100% Authentic.

The bag does not come with the original tag and dustbag, the seller is a powerseller with a perfect feedback score, and for some reason the bidders are concealed (which is suspicious- even though I don't know why).

THANKS!

The pictures that you posted don't enlarge. Could you please post a link to the actual eBay auction? I'd like to also see the sellers' feedback and what they've sold in the past. Thanks!

Here's the link.

eBay Item number: 310027937069
Another thing I noticed about the bag is the fact that the closeup of the turnlock closure doesn't look to be woven like the pictures I've found from Net-A-Porter and Saks. In fact, it looks rather similar to a version I saw on ShopStarStyles.com (a fakie seller). Also, what are the measurements of the top of the Novak bag?

I'm sorry for being so obtuse and not just directly posting the link. I thought it'd make it easier to directly attach the photos to the post.

Thanks for your time! - Melissa

I bought from this seller when she was using another name. ALL her items are counterfeit! Do not buy from her! I had such a hard time getting my money back and she left me neg FB stating I returned the scarf without its tags and that it smelled like perfume, like I had worn it. All lies, she's psycho!

Here's a handy thread that I wrote a while back that will help you see the differences between fake and real McQueen skull scarves:

http://forum.purseblog.com/the-wardrobe/mcqueen-skull-scarves-how-to-tell-real-fake-247178.html

Lori thanks. I should know better, but the lack of negative feedback and the tags threw me off. I will continue to buy from the Alexander McQueen boutique in NY, better safe than sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.