Authenticate a Hermes bag at H store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pias

O.G.
Sep 17, 2007
I'm buying an Hermes bag from Ann's fabulous finds and I'm wondering how I can ask any SA at H store to authenticate the bag. Anybody has this experience before? Could you please share with me how I can ask them? How I can approach them to authenticate this bag??:P I'm thinking of having my brother to do the job for me and treat him a lunch. Is it a good plan??? TIA.

I think the general rule is to ask for the bag to be serviced in some way (spa, initials stamped, some sort of repair); if it is fake, Hermes will not accept the bag to be serviced.

That is a good idea, and I agree with you, Ouija board. I believe that Ann's fabulous finds sell authentic purses, but I recently read from some thread mentioning that some new generation of fake bags are so good to fool even the experts and SA at H stores sometimes admitted that they couldn't see the differences. That's why I am a little bit nervous about it. But thank you for all your opinions.

for newish bags i would say it's an urban myth but for vintage bags (15 years and over) i think it's pretty risky to assume it's all that easy to distinguish a so called super-fake without close comparison with an identical authentic bag produced at the same time period .... that said, i think that H boutique trained staff would not be so easily fooled!

I have never tried to do this, but I have always heard/read that H will not authenticate bags. However, if you take a bag in for a spa treatment and they examine it and determine it is not authentic, they will refuse to take the bag. Kind of backing into authentication!

If they say its a fake, does anyone know if they return the bag or do they destroy it? I read somewhere that they can confiscate and destroy bags, is this true and if so, will resellers refund any monies paid?

I think if you went into the boutique and showed them your bag and asked for advice on a matching wallet, or scarf, or something they would probably look closely at your bag and say something if it is a fake.
But I know you don't have to worry about Ann's.

I think if you went into the boutique and showed them your bag and asked for advice on a matching wallet, or scarf, or something they would probably look closely at your bag and say something if it is a fake.
But I know you don't have to worry about Ann's.

This is wrong. Most SAs will not utter a peep. Also, SAs are NOT qualified to authenticate bags. Only craftsmen are.

The best way is to ask for the services that ouija board said.

Status
Not open for further replies.