authentic or fake?

samshopper89

Aug 25, 2008
ok, first off, dont hate me for considering buying a fake, i just need to know if anyone else has ever went threw this and what i should do. i really started paying attention to bags etc wen i was about 13, and discovered louis vuitton at 14, and havent really known what to do ever since. im now 16, ive started saving and i wanted to purchase a louis vuitton bag, but then i see how cheap the fakes are and think is there really much difference in the quality, and, will people be able to tell the difference. another thing was since theres so many different louis vuittons that i like it seems i would get them quicker and cheaper by getting fakes, but then i think i wouldnt get tht special feeling. and i saw on a fake website that i could get 18 bags i wanted for £350($700) so what do you think i should do? save up , buy a real one, then make a target to buy another one and build my collection up so i can then show my showcase on here or buy 18 fakes for a fraction of the price? i know what everyones answer will be , but just explain how you all got yours and how quickly and if you ever went through a stage like this?

thanks!

p.s sorry its soo long
x

Nobody in this forum will recommend you buy a fake. It is an anti fake place here. Save up or buy something else, you can wait until you are older and earning more money for an LV

I think you need to consider why you would be carrying the fake bag.
Do you really like the bag - the style etc.? Then why not just get a similar one?
Or do you want to look like you have the money to carry an LV without actually spending this type of money.
And then what about when people ask you about it (as people often - rudely, do). Will you lie and say that it's real? Or will you say that it's a fake.

These are the things that would go through my mind ;)

I did own fakes and still do. I do not, by any means, recommend buying a fake, but I do offer comprehensive information about them. In my opinion, if you wish to buy one, it's better to choose the best quality, so it won't rip or smudge in 2 weeks. Also, you have to know that if you are using, say, public transport and wear GAP, you can't really carry The Birkin - yes, people will know it's fake. Mostly, because the real thing is worth a lot. However, you can always choose a less expensive bag, so it suits you better.;)

im going to marbella in a few hours, i think i might buy one (keepall) and then buy the real keepall in november/december when ive saved up enough and just compare. and then go from there by saving and buying the real thing which will make it feel special. the fact is even if i buy a real one i will still get people asking me if its fake but as long as i know its real i suppose it doesnt matter

and i think its because i generally like the monogram and damier not just the style of bag, my favourite lv would have to be the innsbruck cabas but i wouldnt no where to start looking for it as its from a few year ago x

but the thing is, i do get public transport everyday to go to school and go shopping and the majority of people who get public transport dont or choose not to own real bags, and i am only 16, aaghhh i dont no what to do loll, its like, i love designer bags but do i really love designer bags if im not willing to pay for the real thing:s

i no what u mean. i am 14 and am having a tough time waiting the long amount of time to save up for a real louis vuitton but i would not recommend getting a fake. it supports sweatshops in china and other terrible things like that. and despite what some people say there is a difference in quality. i personally care more about quality, not quantity.

I rather have a "real" cheap bag than a "real" fake bag.
Save up! You will feel so much better carrying around a real bag. If not, then get yourself a very inexpensive bag that you could afford. There are so many great designers and bags at great prices.

at the moment i have one fake pegase 50 but have owned others in the past but gave them away, as much as i love bags i suppose as long as the actuual bag looks nice it doesnt matter who its by, but i think i will save and buy the real one,

yeeeheeee going to the airport sooon nd then off to puerto banus!!!

I say buy a nice preloved bag, this way you will save $$ and you'll not feel guilty about spending so much money. Plus you'll use the bag and not just let it sit in the closet.

I think the difference about buying fake and real( aside from the obvious reasons) Is you are buying this bag because you like it, you want a bag that is going to last forever( a fake wont) and you know the history behind the real bag. If you're just buying lv/coach because its in and you dont care a fake will do you fine. but no one here is going to condone that purchase....

Perhaps searching "fakes" here and learning what the fakes do in the world.

A fake isen't an LV. It's something else. By a different manufacturer. If you want LV you have to buy LV, from LV or a reseller. It's not rocket science really. You don't get an LV bag by buying fake.

but the thing is, i do get public transport everyday to go to school and go shopping and the majority of people who get public transport dont or choose not to own real bags, and i am only 16, aaghhh i dont no what to do loll, its like, i love designer bags but do i really love designer bags if im not willing to pay for the real thing:s

You should read the "Old car and LVs" threads in the LV subforum...