Authentic or Counterfeit??

Status
Not open for further replies.

craignkris

Feb 20, 2007
HI-I recently tried to sell a Chanel purse on-line-but had my listing pulled. I purchased this purse form a garage sale and she assured me it was authentic, but who knows? My listing stated that I could not guarantee authenticity, but would gladly refund money if in fact it was not (or for any reason).
Apparently because I could not guarantee it was real they pulled it.

How can I find out if it's real, are there any tell tale signs of a fake?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Kris

post photos in the Authenticate This! thread in the Chanel Shopping Forum.
YOu can't sell a bag on eBay and 'not guarantee' it's authenticity.
It's ILLEGAL to sell a bag that's counterfeit, if you don't know for sure it's authentic, then you really have no business selling it.
Know what I mean?

Hi-Thank you for your quick reply-greatly appreciated. Now I just have to figure out how to find out for sure. I tried to get the pics up but they exceeded the forums limit on file size. Not sure how to get around this.

Is there something specific I should look for on this brand of purse?
Thanks, Kris

Good afternoon. I am selling an authentic leather, snakeskin Gucci jacket on ebay. Does anyone know if there is a way I can figure out if this jacket is "one of a kind"? My cousin was a personal assistant to a high profile celebrity and it came from the celebrities closet. I know it is worth a lot, but I can't locate a similar item(both style and material) to gage how much it is worth.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks so much
Meg
guccijacket.jpg

HI-I recently tried to sell a Chanel purse on-line-but had my listing pulled. I purchased this purse form a garage sale and she assured me it was authentic, but who knows? My listing stated that I could not guarantee authenticity, but would gladly refund money if in fact it was not (or for any reason).
Apparently because I could not guarantee it was real they pulled it.

How can I find out if it's real, are there any tell tale signs of a fake?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Kris

Hi Kris,

According to ebay's policies if you are unsure of the item's authenticity you are not allowed to sell it on ebay. Even if you you are happy to refund, etc.
Also from reading other threads I would not recommend re-listing the bag until you have followed up with the Vero program. If you re-list without doing this you will most likely be suspended.
Good luck and don't forget to post your pics in the authticate this forum.

Good afternoon. I am selling an authentic leather, snakeskin Gucci jacket on ebay. Does anyone know if there is a way I can figure out if this jacket is "one of a kind"? My cousin was a personal assistant to a high profile celebrity and it came from the celebrities closet. I know it is worth a lot, but I can't locate a similar item(both style and material) to gage how much it is worth.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks so much

Meg, you should post this in the Gucci section -- in the authenticate this thread. Also, I'm sure that we'll need to see more clearer pics. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.