authentic Hermes vs counterfeits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess, especially for newbies like me, the question that is left unanswered is -- did the said bag come from an Hermes store? If it did, then all is good and we can use the photo as a reference for an authentic bag. However, if it didnt then did it come from a source that we should all be cautious about. A lot of newbies come across different resellers and I'm sure before we plunk thousands of dollars for a bag we do our homework on who we are buying from. It seems this sort of information is beneficial to those who are searching for information on sellers.

While I feel bad that her birthday may have been ruined, I don't feel bad that a fake bag was revealed. Besides, I would rather her find out here than embarass herself in an Hermes store. I don't know how they would respond, but she could be asked to leave or even blacklisted in some manner. It is better to just be up front now. However, there have been other cases of people coming on here with fake bags and people had no problem letting them know and the threads weren't all closed. I think in this case, the thread was closed because the OP is someone who allegedly has many other authentic Hermes bags and has been posting here for some time now. But I think the picture of the bag should be removed from that thread the same way other pictures of fake bags are removed.

With that being said, I resent anyone saying that what happened was malicious and cruel. Telling the truth is never malicious when it can help others. And while there are many on here who still don't recognize the bag as a fake, you really should respect the fact that there are members on this thread who CAN detect a fake. So please stop questioning them. I think it is rather obvious if you look at the huge differences between other croc bags and the bag that was posted by msbroberts.

Finally, I do have questions about what is going on in this case. Did she really not know it was fake? Did her in-laws lie to her about where they got it or did she just assume it came from Hermes? I worry that this will cause serious friction between her and her in-laws as well as give her SIL something to gloat about.

Yes, partially. To be honest, partially playing devil's advocate, to see people's responses and justifications for inflicting obvious distress to another.

Partially, it is my true feeling.

As for PMing, your not the only one I PM'ed and I did so, because obviuosly some of thing I shared shouldn't be shared on this forum. Including the fact about my thesis. I didn't want that to change people's responses to this particular thread. That's why intially I asked if I was bugging. Please just ignore the PM, if you choose.

As for inquiring minds, I am doing a thesis on mob mentality and ethics on the internet, especially public forms and blogs. I have posted general questions on the general discussions board. If anyone else would like to share there thoughts on this thread, please PM me. Thanks to those who responded to my previous PMs. :smile:

I'm sorry....WHAT?!?!?!?! What "thesis"? I'm in the dark here. Huh????? :weird: Can someone clue me in on what THIS is all about??????

My mantra in life has always been "be the truth be told". It is never pretty. So I am in a way relieved CDL and others spoke up. I do not believe it is herd mentality that prompted the others to jump onto the bandwagon. I think the others were contemplating hard in their own capacities what they reckoned were the right and politically correct courses of action. That decisional dilemma withheld speaking up. CDL, to me, is the no nonsense A is A, B is B type of person > very factual.

I feel sorry for her that her birthday celebratory mood ended the way it did. But I am sure that is no one's intent here to cause malice or hurt. It is just truth that needed to be told. If PMs were the way to go, how else would newbies like me ever learn? I think we should be broad-minded here.

If birthday girl wishes to rise above this incident, I think the probably thing to do is to discuss it here and not hide away. Although it really is none of our business.

ok i saw the bag yesterday night and my first thought was "fake" but i was not in the mood to write or to explain but in my opinion there is no doubt the bag is fake and yes i am very sorry for her rotten birthday and the bursted bubble but what should be done? she posted the bag in an hermes forum with hundreds of hermes lovers so of course if the bag is questionable (even though she didn´t knew) it was only a matter of time until one speaks up and yes i if it would have been me i would be thankful to know as maybe her mils lost a lot of money on it and maybe something can be done.

As for inquiring minds, I am doing a thesis on mob mentality and ethics on the internet, especially public forms and blogs. I have posted general questions on the general discussions board. If anyone else would like to share there thoughts on this thread, please PM me. Thanks to those who responded to my previous PMs. :smile:[/QUOTE]

So you are not here for friendship OR Hermes discussion, but to get material for your crazy college thesis. How ethical is that? You are just fanning flames for your own purposes and you even admit it. Nice.

After reading and re-reading the previous thread, I can't see any evidence of a "mob mentality". I applaud CDL and other posters who spoke out because they had the courage to do so and they did it in a very diplomatic way. They were informative and provided facts to back up their decision.

It is better to be told now then having to walk into an Hermes store only to be told to leave. That would've been an even more humiliating experience.

I am going to ask everyone to stop discussing MsRoberts thread. We made a decision to handle it privately. Please respect that and our other members. THis has already been handled and this discussion is only aggrivating that.

As for inquiring minds, I am doing a thesis on mob mentality and ethics on the internet, especially public forms and blogs. I have posted general questions on the general discussions board. If anyone else would like to share there thoughts on this thread, please PM me. Thanks to those who responded to my previous PMs. :smile:

So you are not here for friendship OR Hermes discussion, but to get material for your crazy college thesis. How ethical is that? You are just fanning flames for your own purposes and you even admit it. Nice.

I came here for the bags, I am the proud owner if a vintage kelly and love it. I don't post alot, because most of the time I don't have a lot to add. But enjoy the banter and details of shopping, since I am in no position to do that myself right now, maybe when I am a famous Dr. LOL

Maybe I am fanning the flames, but I also said, I meant what I said. And I do! My first inclination to post was because I felt, and still do, it was wrong to humiliate this person this way. She never asked for authenticy, there are threads for that. Not to mention, hearing the whole story, I doubt the experts proclamations of fake.

When you combine the fact without confirmation from Hermes,one way or the other, no one knows for 100% that the bag is indeed fake with CDL, the first one to start this ball rolling, is a) a reseller, blacklisted from Hermes. b) rumored to have fake bags herself. c) May have her own agena, after all she has 50 bags for sell right now, totaling over 650,000. It certainly does not help her business, if serious buyers get it in their heads they can fly to france and pick up their own bag. And for the price of her mark ups, people certainly could. Add that to the whole story, and I believe the bag is real.

With that being said, I stand by mob mentality statement. Sorry if you resent it, but all the blathering about great good, etc just sounds like good old fashion justification to me. I know, I did something wrong (hurt someone, claimed thier bag was a fake, without verification, publically humilation an innocent peson),but I did it because _________. That my friends is textbook justification. And for what I paid for those textbooks, I could have my own croc birkin!

can we please stop bashing createurs de luxe? thank you
she was upfront yes (and i wanted to write it (saw it) way earlier but ok) but now saying she just did this for her own business interest is not only offensive but also highly doubtable.
case close

GUYS..UM..DID you not see a MODS request to CHILL???Drop it PLEASE!!!!!!

C'mon....that poor lady just had her Bday ruined PUBLICLY..NOT by a courtesy PM either...Think about it.

Maybe I am fanning the flames, but I also said, I meant what I said. And I do! My first inclination to post was because I felt, and still do, it was wrong to humiliate this person this way. She never asked for authenticy, there are threads for that. Not to mention, hearing the whole story, I doubt the experts proclamations of fake.

When you combine the fact without confirmation from Hermes,one way or the other, no one knows for 100% that the bag is indeed fake with CDL, the first one to start this ball rolling, is a) a reseller, blacklisted from Hermes. b) rumored to have fake bags herself. c) May have her own agena, after all she has 50 bags for sell right now, totaling over 650,000. It certainly does not help her business, if serious buyers get it in their heads they can fly to france and pick up their own bag. And for the price of her mark ups, people certainly could. Add that to the whole story, and I believe the bag is real.

With that being said, I stand by mob mentality statement. Sorry if you resent it, but all the blathering about great good, etc just sounds like good old fashion justification to me. I know, I did something wrong (hurt someone, claimed thier bag was a fake, without verification, publically humilation an innocent peson),but I did it because _________. That my friends is textbook justification. And for what I paid for those textbooks, I could have my own croc birkin!

NO offense, but I don't much care for the notion that someone may be on here intentionally starting things and egging people on in certain threads to get material for a thesis. Mods, is this allowed? Seems to me like this is just as bad as people lurking trying to get business.

Status
Not open for further replies.