Authentic Goyard Logo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2008
Hello! A newbie question for you. I was wondering what an authentic Goyard logo would always look like? I have seen logos on fakes that do not have the "hook" (for lack of better discription) on each end of the name and no colon in between the E and G. Would the hooks and colon always be on the canvas pattern? The authentic pieces that I have do, but was wondering if there would be a difference for various colors or styles?

Thought that I'd add some pics so that you could see what I meant about the 'hooks' and colon for the Goyard logo. Does anyone know if this is standard for all Goyard canvas?:confused1: I see SO many without both hooks and colon being claimed as authentic on places like eBay and Yahoo Japan. But, then again places like these are basically offering fakes...

Attachments

• Goyard White Logo.jpg
    Goyard White Logo.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 18,094
  • Goyard Black Logo.jpg
    Goyard Black Logo.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 16,837
Here is mine. I think it's exactly like yours. I've seen many items in ebay claimed that they were authentic, however, I could tell that they were fake without seeing the logo. The hand-painted monogram were so blurry, some of dots were connected which I don't see on the real ones.

IMG_9587_resize.jpg

The colons are a myth. I have several Goyard pieces I bought at their Union Sq. store - some have colons, some don't. There are also manufacturing variations from bag to bag. I bought a Urbain bag last year and was admiring a new one at Barney's a few months ago and noticed some slight differences with the stamping, etc. Goyard does not crank their products out in mass numbers so each and every bag is quite unique.

The colons are a myth. I have several Goyard pieces I bought at their Union Sq. store - some have colons, some don't. There are also manufacturing variations from bag to bag. I bought a Urbain bag last year and was admiring a new one at Barney's a few months ago and noticed some slight differences with the stamping, etc. Goyard does not crank their products out in mass numbers so each and every bag is quite unique.
I agree. I have some items that don't have the colons, and some do. In fact, one time would have the colon in one side and won't have it on the other side.

How about this ? Could you help me to authenticate this one?I'm going to buy the white one so I ask the seller for close up Goyard logo or stamping. The seller said that they don't have this bag picture so they send the red one instead & tell me that it's the same. What do you think about this. Please help. Thank you so much.:smile:

goyard_020.jpg

goyard_030.jpg
[/IMG]

How about this ? Could you help me to authenticate this one?I'm going to buy the white one so I ask the seller for close up Goyard logo or stamping. The seller said that they don't have this bag picture so they send the red one instead & tell me that it's the same. What do you think about this. Please help. Thank you so much.:smile:

goyard_020.jpg

goyard_030.jpg
[/IMG]

Sorry can't really comment on the white bag. Pictures are not close-ups... Would recommend walking away from any seller not willing to provide clear close-up shots of logo and stamping/code of the actual bag for sale. The red bag sure does have a lot of dots running together. Does not seem to have the same kind of brush strokes as seen with usual Goyard hand painting. Perhaps some other members have different perspectives?? If it were me, I'd have to pass on the purchase...

I vote fakes for both white and read ones. The white one were so wrong, especially the size of the small pocket comparing to mine. Moreover, the button should be silver, not white.

IMG_9599_resize.jpg

The red hand-painted monogram was wrong too. In my opinion, all dots are NEVER connected. Every single dot is slightly different but never connected to one another.

IMG_9587_resize.jpg

I agree with TokyoBagQueen. The seller who refuses to provide the close-ups on his/her item is not trustworthy.

emmilyoemmilyo: i second paepaega's opinion. the white one seems to have too much of the goyard logos on the canvas. the small pouch looks smaller to compared to the real one.

Ok ladies here is some Goyard 101

#1 Authentic Goyard bags are made of a Cotton,Linen and Hemp blend that is coated with a speacial resin sealer for water proofing. Trims and Handels are 100% leather NOT VINYL!!

#2 Authentic Goyard pieces are HAND PAINTED with a resin based paint. Here is how to detect. Slowly run your fingers along the piece in question. You should feel little bumbs very similar to brail.

#3 Anything hand painted is NOT PERFECT please keep this in mind. The small dots forming the chevron pattern may not be all the same size, and some may touch one another. Key reminder. A perfect pattern and perfect letters is not optainable when painting by hand. So no 2 bags are alike.

#4 A perfect pattern with all the dotts in uniform size and shape is a DEAD GIVE A WAY TO A FAKE!!! This means that bag has been MACHINE PRINTED. Stay away.

#5 The Goyard never full tote does not have any lining. there is no canvas,satin,suede etc.. etc..

and for the picture of the white tote up top. IT'S A FAKE!!! I can tell because the Chevrom Pattern is MACHINE PRINTED. Can you see how perfectly formed those little dotts are. They shouldn't be like that. The Red Goyard Tote is Authentic. I can tell this because the Dotts forming the Chevron Pattern are not perfect. there for its HAND PAINTED not MACHINE PRINTED.

Remember!!! A authentic Goyard should be very lite weight because it is made from a COTTON BLEND. It should not SMELL LIKE VINYL!!! All trim and handles are Leather. And there are no linings.

Also all Goyard piecese are hand stiched with WHITE thread. Except for the BLACK colored pieces which are stiched with BLACK thread.

I hope that this can be of Help.

Happy Shopping.

Quick Tips. The bag should feel bumby, no colored threads, lite weight.

U CAN NOT PURCHASE A BRAND NEW GOYARD OFF THE E-NET. UNLESS ITS A RESALE FROM A 3RD PARTY.

U CAN ONLY PURCHASE, VIEW AND SEE A CATALOG @ ONE OF GOYARDS FINE SHOPS OR BURGDORFS & GOODMAN OR BARNEYS.

YOU CAN NOT AND WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE ANY OF GOYARDS COLLECTION ONLINE.

GOYARD IS PRESTIGOUS AND THIS IS WHAT KEEPS IT THIS WAY.

GOYARD is the Rolls Royce Phantom of Bags and Luggage. Only a select few own one. All other bags especialy those sporting 2 initials are like Chrysler 300's. Any one can buy it and u see them every where.

Fact: Knock offs are a CRIME. Both legaly and Fashionably.
My personal opinion. Dont buy a knock off save your money and buy a authentic piece new or used. Knock Offs are cheap and tacky. I feel that people who intentionaly buy knock offs have low selfesteam and feel the need to prove something. They also ruine the prestige of the branded trade mark. if theres one thing i cant stand its people who clearly have no fashion scense. that wear over sized sweat pants and cheap rags for clothes. wearing a knock off a goyard or LV. It doesnt make you look fashionable or RICH nor does it buy you any CLASS.

Status
Not open for further replies.