Aussie TPFers - your help needed!

nymph2106

Nov 25, 2007
Hi there, I'm heading to Sydney soon and would like to find out how much the Chanel classic flap medium in caviar is retailing for over there? How's the range in the Chanel boutique in Sydney? Thanks so much!

When i last checked, it was abt AUD$2870 for the caviar medium flap. I think the range there is only limited to black and beige. Not sure if they had other colours kept "behind closed doors"! But the rare colours are always sold out quite quickly...

Thank you so much girls. malsrm, when was the last time you checked, and does the price include the goods and services tax? I'm visiting Sydney next month (am in Singapore) and if the price doesn't go up, it will be cheaper than in Singapore. Not sure if that's really the case, I hope I'm not getting my hopes up!

i jsut went to the sydney boutique 2 days ago!

the prices quoted above by delilahds is correct :smile: (and that includes goods and services tax! but u can claim that back when you leave australia...there's a customs area you can fill out forms and they refund you 10%..)

there's not too many variety there its true.

although they do have that oversized tote with the madmoiselle lock in red/beige/black!

tbh i couldnt even see the jumbo in the store. i only saw the small/medium size..then the sa told me to go downstairs and there was noone there to help...and did not see any jumbos!

i think australia prices are a bit high..we have the goods and services tax too -____-

i would definitely try singapore!

hi nymph, my info is from Feb 2008. Not sure if there had been a price increase since then. So the price would definitely not be lower than 2850.

Your best bet is to call the Syd store up and ask. Otherwise just wait till you get here! BUt considering that you are able to claim tax back, if should be a good buy! The GST here is crazy!! Usually the price of luxury goods here are bit higher than in other countries.

Thanks much malsrm :smile: wen1987, when you said the price is correct, do you mean AUD$2850 or more than that? The classic medium flap in caviar is going for SGD$3950 here, so I'm hoping to get a better deal in Sydney since I won't have to pay GST there.

Thanks much malsrm :smile: wen1987, when you said the price is correct, do you mean AUD$2850 or more than that? The classic medium flap in caviar is going for SGD$3950 here, so I'm hoping to get a better deal in Sydney since I won't have to pay GST there.

if i remember correctly it was 2850...but im not 100% sure. im onli 100% sure about the jumbos being 3300 and 3700 for the caviar and lambskin respectively..sorry i cant be of much else help!

Hi girls, sorry it's me again. I would like to ask if the "icon bag" in Australia refers to the classic flap? I'm very confused, because I just emailed the Chanel boutique in Sydney for prices of the classic flap. The SA got back to me with the prices, but said the "icon bag" comes in five sizes: the baby, baguette (the East West flap I guess), medium, large and jumbo. I've thought all along that the classic flap (the one with the double interlocking C closure) comes in only three sizes (small, medium and jumbo). Does anyone have any idea what she means? Is there a large size? I emailed her asking to clarify but she didn't.

She also said that the jumbo caviar comes only with silver hardware, while gold hardware is only available for lambskin. Is that true? Have never heard of that before.

Hi girls, sorry it's me again. I would like to ask if the "icon bag" in Australia refers to the classic flap? I'm very confused, because I just emailed the Chanel boutique in Sydney for prices of the classic flap. The SA got back to me with the prices, but said the "icon bag" comes in five sizes: the baby, baguette (the East West flap I guess), medium, large and jumbo. I've thought all along that the classic flap (the one with the double interlocking C closure) comes in only three sizes (small, medium and jumbo). Does anyone have any idea what she means? Is there a large size? I emailed her asking to clarify but she didn't.

She also said that the jumbo caviar comes only with silver hardware, while gold hardware is only available for lambskin. Is that true? Have never heard of that before.

hmm .. I always go to the boutique, but never heard they called it as an icon bag when they chat with me ... well, its the same case when they dont call reissue size in 224-228, they called it 2.55 in what size .. weirdo :graucho: but i think the proper way to call the chanel flap bags is the icon bags ...

regarding the hardware, i think its true ... btw, most of the time, sydney store has black and beige stuff and silver hardware, when will u come? i will drop by again this week and if u hv any question, pm me, i go ask them face to face for u, how is that sound :yahoo:

i think she means in the sydney store they only have jumo caviars with silver hw! since sydney store is limited, i wouldnt be surprised if that was the case. but gold hw looks more classier in my opnion! silver is much younger! but both are good anyway :smile: