Aussie business "Boss Ladies" selling fake bags!

spiderlily89

May 17, 2020
Hi guys,

Hope this is the right area to report this!

There is a quite legitimate looking Aussie luxury rental business called "Boss Ladies" https://bossladies.com.au/ who also have a pre-owned sale area selling a lot of designer handbags for incredibly low prices.

The prices are a giveaway themselves ($4.2K for a Chanel classic flap 5-6months old, in excellent condition, in a range of colors!), but the thing is the business appears quite legitimate. They have been articles written about them and their owner (an Aussie model/influencer) in the news and in magazines. Their instagram page sports a number of "influencers" promoting their rental business.

I enquired about 2 Chanel bags they had for sale and asked for the serial code. They openly and blatantly sent me the photos of the 2 bag's serial codes (25042530)... which are exactly the same! Not even trying to hide that they are both fake! If you google the serial code it comes up with a completely different Chanel bag being sold on Ebay.

A couple of other people on this forum have had similar experiences to mine. We've discussed them here: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/anyone-ordered-through-boss-ladies.1028607/

I wanted to put this thread here though since this seems to be the online scam area. Just want to warn people not to be fooled by them since they appear so legitimate! They've been quoted in Aussie media as being worth $1.2M!

I wonder if the rental side of their business is legitimate or if all these influencers are carrying fake bags from them :confused1:

For the longest time I’ve been waiting for a post about BOSS LADIES FAKE BAGS

I rented out a chanel bag before & paid $500 to rent the bag for weeks. when I got it, it had a plastic-y smell & stitchings were questionable as I do have some authentic chanel bags I can compare it with. It arrived a day before my event & due to the time constraints, I ended up using it. After a day of using, it got torn off & PAPER fell off. I took photos & they gave me a credit note & assured me that all their bags were authentic. How will an expensive chanel LEATHER bag have paper lining inside the leather?!?!?!

they appeared to be a legit website due to the owner being an aussie influencer, having a huge following on insta & having influencers promoting them. You can also find a lot of articles about them. I did doubt myself, maybe I was wrong.

So I still needed to use my credit note. I got an email from them to check out their pre owned items. I was hesitant due to my previous exp, but I was tempted with the low prices. I sent them emails to send more photos of the bags & ask if they can provide authenticity.

It took ages for them to reply so I kept on browsing their website & IG. It was super suspicious cause the same items are unavailable then after a few days they become available again. It happened a few times for the bag I wanted.

They did respond that all bags come with authenticity cards etc. But then I saw 3 people commenting on their Last IG photo saying that they ordered bags, but they didnt get the items. a lady commented she got a fake bag. After a few hours the comments got deleted. & I ALSO NOTICED THEIR IG FOLLOWERS DROPPING THOUSANDS PER DAY. It used to be 100k+ Around march

Now I proved that they’re a scam so I asked them for a refund but they havent replied yet.

I wanted to message the owner but she has already deleted her IG, which is very suspicious as being an IG influencer, its her source of income.

Please be careful with this website & learn from my mistake.

For the longest time I’ve been waiting for a post about BOSS LADIES FAKE BAGS

I rented out a chanel bag before & paid $500 to rent the bag for weeks. when I got it, it had a plastic-y smell & stitchings were questionable as I do have some authentic chanel bags I can compare it with. It arrived a day before my event & due to the time constraints, I ended up using it. After a day of using, it got torn off & PAPER fell off. I took photos & they gave me a credit note & assured me that all their bags were authentic. How will an expensive chanel LEATHER bag have paper lining inside the leather?!?!?!

they appeared to be a legit website due to the owner being an aussie influencer, having a huge following on insta & having influencers promoting them. You can also find a lot of articles about them. I did doubt myself, maybe I was wrong.

So I still needed to use my credit note. I got an email from them to check out their pre owned items. I was hesitant due to my previous exp, but I was tempted with the low prices. I sent them emails to send more photos of the bags & ask if they can provide authenticity.

It took ages for them to reply so I kept on browsing their website & IG. It was super suspicious cause the same items are unavailable then after a few days they become available again. It happened a few times for the bag I wanted.

They did respond that all bags come with authenticity cards etc. But then I saw 3 people commenting on their Last IG photo saying that they ordered bags, but they didnt get the items. a lady commented she got a fake bag. After a few hours the comments got deleted. & I ALSO NOTICED THEIR IG FOLLOWERS DROPPING THOUSANDS PER DAY. It used to be 100k+ Around march

Now I proved that they’re a scam so I asked them for a refund but they havent replied yet.

I wanted to message the owner but she has already deleted her IG, which is very suspicious as being an IG influencer, its her source of income.

Please be careful with this website & learn from my mistake.
Hey! You totally should have created a thread here when that happened to you. I’m really sorry that they scammed you. Did you pay via PayPal? CC? I paid for a bag in their preowned sale via PayPal and they refunded me no problems. I wish one of the magazines or blogs that featured them and made them famous would mention that they are a scam.

I too searched for the founder’s Instagram and saw she had removed herself from all her tagged photos etc. I never followed her but followed BossLadies. I hope the company goes under so they stop scamming people.

I think you should follow up getting a refund if possible. It’s a hassle but you went in unknowingly/thinking the item was authentic. They appear/market themselves as hiring out authentic items and they should be held accountable.
Good luck and again, sorry you lost money to this company!

Reactions: spiderlily89
I rented the bag last yr for more than a month & I brough it overseas so I couldn’t send it back to them on time for the refund timeframe. They offered me credit note for the whole amount as I immediately sent me a msg after a day of using it.

I didnt want to accuse them of having fake bags at that time & even doubted myself cause’ It was a high quality fake. The metal platings were very good & the material was real leather. the red flags were the smell and stitching & of course the paper lining that fell off. They also insisted it was authentic.

I browsed their IG & did find influencers with videos buying bags in the store & heaps of influencers promoting them. You will really believe them.

the funny thing is, influencers post receiving their items in boxes and they were packed nicely. I got mine in a post mail plastic only with no insurance or signature required & the delivery guy left it outside my doorstep.

I was lucky I saw the comments in their IG about someone receiving a fake bag otherwise I would have used my credit note and more money In buying a fake chanel bag. they were very quick in immediately deleting the comment thread

Reactions: spiderlily89