Aurore vs....Aurore?

chloe.chloe

i want them all
O.G.
Jun 10, 2008
Ladies, I am convinced Aurore will be my next handbag. Hands down, I'm insanely obsessed with everything about this style. BUT which do I choose? There's the Paddington version that has been seen all over the place. It's a bit "sturdier" looking than the ladylike lines of its sister, the lesser-seen Aurore with no lock and key. I've attached photos of both versions.

So here's the question - does anyone know the true difference between these two types of bags? I was browsing around Bag Borrow or Steal and they don't call the padlock version an Aurore at all on its site, which is strange. Do they have different grains of leathers? Anyone know? I've never seen or felt either in person but I've rented the Aurore (second photo, no padlock) through BBOS and it will be arriving on Wednesday. I will post pics when I have it for reference. Kind of excited. It's noted as being one of their "new arrivals". If it's in great condition still, I may steal it!

Attachments

• Chloe-Aurore.jpg
    Chloe-Aurore.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 222
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 184
P.S. I cannot find the Aurore sans padlock on the Chloe site. At all. BUT Net-A-Porter says its lined with suede (ooh la la) and the Paddy version lined in canvas.
P.P.S. Sternchen - me too!

I'm inlove with the version without the padlock, but I'm holding out for a sale...
I'd love to see your rented one so please post pics as soon as she arrives!!

do you guys know the difference between the two bags though? and why is the non-paddy version nowhere to be found on chloe.com? i'd like to know more about it - specifically the kind of leather used, etc. and what makes the bags different besides some design elements and that one is lined in suede and the other in canvas?

I think the non-lock version came out last fall (2010), which is why it may not be showing up on chloe.com. The non-lock version went on sale at Nordstrom during their after xmas markdowns. Saks.com still shows both versions (at full price).

hmm, got it. i don't think i'll know which i like more until i hold them both in my hand.

i tried searching for others with last season's - can't find any photos in here. does anyone have any they can show? i even checked the reference threads -- nothing for aurore yet?

thank you, kiss_p! definitely interested in seeing the original. i'm thrilled you found this modeling thread. i've seen the new paddy aurore modeled tons, so it will be nice to see last season's.