AUGUST 2022 Chanel Purchases

Hi everyone! I am new here and I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I just purchased this navy blue lambskin Chanel mini top handle with light gold hardware and it has the gold top handle that says Chanel. I am so in love with this bag but I really was shocked as to how actually mini this bag is. It almost looks like a toy purse. Do you guys think this size looks silly on my frame? I’m 5’5 137lbs. I have a black old medium boy bag and I also have a nude small Chanel 19 so I think I am just not used to a bag this small. Do you think this bag would also age well? Or do you feel like it’s geared towards more of a younger generation. I am 33 right now but I like my Chanel bags to be pieces that I can continue wearing for years to come.

View attachment 5583644

View attachment 5583645

View attachment 5583646
Oh my goodness, it looks FABULOUS on you! It DOES takes some getting used to wearing smaller/mini bags at first, but once you do, you will LOVE it!
I used to think I needed a lot of stuff in my bag, but in reality, I never used most of it. Once I got used to downsizing what I carry around with me, the thought of lugging around a heavier bag is NO BUENO
And of course, the classic look of the mini will NEVER go out of style. The epitome of longevity of style!

Oh my goodness, it looks FABULOUS on you! It DOES takes some getting used to wearing smaller/mini bags at first, but once you do, you will LOVE it!
I used to think I needed a lot of stuff in my bag, but in reality, I never used most of it. Once I got used to downsizing what I carry around with me, the thought of lugging around a heavier bag is NO BUENO
And of course, the classic look of the mini will NEVER go out of style. The epitome of longevity of style!
Thank you so do you think when I’m in my 40s a bag this small won’t look silly I don’t carry a lot either. Most of the times I carry my Chanel 19 I only have my phone, keys, lipstick and drivers license.

Reactions: Sinsi
Hi everyone! I am new here and I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I just purchased this navy blue lambskin Chanel mini top handle with light gold hardware and it has the gold top handle that says Chanel. I am so in love with this bag but I really was shocked as to how actually mini this bag is. It almost looks like a toy purse. Do you guys think this size looks silly on my frame? I’m 5’5 137lbs. I have a black old medium boy bag and I also have a nude small Chanel 19 so I think I am just not used to a bag this small. Do you think this bag would also age well? Or do you feel like it’s geared towards more of a younger generation. I am 33 right now but I like my Chanel bags to be pieces that I can continue wearing for years to come.

View attachment 5583644

View attachment 5583645

View attachment 5583646
It looks good on you!! U should keep it because mini one is hard to get and it will never go out of style…

Reactions: Chaneladdict22

View attachment 5583644

View attachment 5583645

View attachment 5583646
Oh my gosh I was trying to track this bag down and had no luck! The jealousy is real it’s beautiful, congrats!

• Love
Reactions: Chaneladdict22
Your comments related to age are very naive. There’s nothing wrong with a woman in her 40s wearing a mini bag.
That’s true. I think because I looked at the mini and pictured my daughter wearing it I thought how will this grow with me as I age lol. My apologies if that comment offended anyone but you guys all convinced me to keep it so thank you :smile:

That’s true. I think because I looked at the mini and pictured my daughter wearing it I thought how will this grow with me as I age lol. My apologies if that comment offended anyone but you guys all convinced me to keep it so thank you :smile:
You didn’t offend me and I’m in my 40s. Your question was fine and understandable. You wouldn’t catch me wearing heart shaped bags at my age. Of that offends someone that’s their issue :smile:

Wear it in good health. Appreciate you recognizing your previous comment.

You didn’t offend me and I’m in my 40s. Your question was fine and understandable. You wouldn’t catch me wearing heart shaped bags at my age. Of that offends someone that’s their issue :smile:
No offense here at all either - we all have our ideas about age appropriateness. The only bag I ever returned was a bubble gum pink mini - I just felt it was too juvenile for me, but could see many other people my age looking fabulous wearing it. It just wasn’t “me”. I might have kept it if it wasn’t such a hefty price tag, but at Chanel prices, you gotta SURE.

And funny that I have seen a few people here comment that they thought the Coco Handle was “too granny” for them, LOL. At first I thought it was “too young” for me - the exaggerated handle and cute, almost cartoon silhouett; I thought it was too girly. But that didn’t last long, and the Coco Handle is now one of my favorite bags. So two people can look at the same bag, and see two entirely different styles.
I am 57, so in general, I just buy what I love. :biggrin:

No offense here at all either - we all have our ideas about age appropriateness. The only bag I ever returned was a bubble gum pink mini - I just felt it was too juvenile for me, but could see many other people my age looking fabulous wearing it. It just wasn’t “me”. I might have kept it if it wasn’t such a hefty price tag, but at Chanel prices, you gotta SURE.

And funny that I have seen a few people here comment that they thought the Coco Handle was “too granny” for them, LOL. At first I thought it was “too young” for me - the exaggerated handle and cute, almost cartoon silhouett; I thought it was too girly. But that didn’t last long, and the Coco Handle is now one of my favorite bags. So two people can look at the same bag, and see two entirely different styles.
I am 57, so in general, I just buy what I love. :biggrin:
That’s exactly what I was thinking. Because of the price tag I’m thinking long-term 10-15 years down the line. I want the bags I buy to grow with me as I age. I love my Chanel 19 bag that I have in beige but that’s another bag that I’m worried will not have the longevity because it looks so trendy. Hoping it doesn’t go anywhere though! I also have a black boy bag but I feel like the boy bag has been around for such a long time that it will stick around.