Auctivia

Bay

O.G.
Feb 7, 2007
My friend is currently looking for some extra cash and an opportunity to work from home.

She found this job on craiglist that she emailed about. And she got a reply.

I am just trying to make sure that this is not a scam.

Her future employee or whatever you want to call it wants her to use a program called Auctivia. Is that safe?

Here are parts of the email. I am not too familiar with ebay when it comes to this stuff so I didnt know what to tell her. Thanks for your help.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. YOU DO NOT PAY $$ UPFRONT. IT'S A REGULAR JOB, THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT YOU WORK AT HOME.
2. I COVER ALL FEES. I COVER FEES FOR SOLD AND UNSOLD ITEMS. AND PAYPAL FEES FOR RECEIVING PAYMENTS.
3. ALL PAYMENTS TRANSFERRED WILL BE THROUGH PAYPAL. SECURED METHOD!
4. ALL ITEMS ARE SHIP IN A COUPLE OF DAYS TO CUSTOMER VIA USPS WITH TRACKING INFORMATION
5. I DO NOT ACCESS YOUR EBAY OR PAYPAL INFORMATION. SO YOUR ACCOUNTS SECURITY IS NEVER EXPOSED.
6. AUCTIVA IS A THIRD PARTY AUCTION LISTING TOOL, ALL IT DOES IT POST AUCTIONS FOR SALE ON YOUR EBAY ACCOUNT.
7. AUCTIVA HAS 30 DAYS FREE TRIAL, A CREDIT CARD IS NOT REQUIRED. AFTER 30 DAYS, I COVER THE $9.99 FEE.
8. IT IS NOT A SCAM. THIS IS A REAL JOB & THERE ISN'T A CONTRACT, QUIT ANYTIME.
=============================================

HOW DO I GET STARTED?
=====================

Go to auctiva.com and create an account (it's FREE).

After registration, login and it will prompt you to generate a token.

Once token is generated, please email to me the auctiva login and password so I can go ahead and create the listings.

And send me your paypal email to input into the listings to receive payments from customers for items sold.

NOTE: THIS IS A REAL JOB, NO MONEY UPFRONT, IT'S NOT A PROGRAM AND I'M NOT
HERE TO SCAM ANYONE. I COVER ALL FEES (FOR SOLD AND UNSOLD ITEMS) + PAYPAL
FEES. EVERYTHING IS LEGIT AND CLEARLY EXPLAINED ABOVE.

I can't speak about this particular job, but it is a common scam. They sell nothing, or sell stolen goods, and your friend is on the hook for the refunds because it's all done through her account.

Honestly, I think she should stay far away from it.

I would try googling the site and the word scam or review to see what other people have to say. I tried it and found a few things but mostly from people who use the site for their Ebay listings and nothing about actually working for them, but the reviews were fine.

I would try googling the site and the word scam or review to see what other people have to say. I tried it and found a few things but mostly from people who use the site for their Ebay listings and nothing about actually working for them, but the reviews were fine.

That is true. Auctivia is something that people use to help them list items. I guess the wording and info poses red flags for me.

I use Auctiva for listing my items and love it.......but really think this is a scam. What is she selling, how would she know the particulars. I would just stay away from this one.

Thanks guys! Good to know. I think she was gonna sell beauty stuff. I read about auctivia too and that seems fine, I am just not sure if you can trust someone to really pay your fees and so on..but thats just me I guess. I just wanted some advice from my fellow pfers.

Thanks guys! Good to know. I think she was gonna sell beauty stuff. I read about auctivia too and that seems fine, I am just not sure if you can trust someone to really pay your fees and so on..but thats just me I guess. I just wanted some advice from my fellow pfers.

I think it is weird how auctivia had nothing to do with beauty supplies.

It's Auctiva, not Auctivia, if that makes a difference in your searching. Auctiva is like Inkfrog or SellerSourceBook - for a fee you can create your listings, host photos, etc. Auctiva is legit, although they pissed a lot of people off when they couldn't figure how to start charging for their services, but I believe this job is a scam.

My friend is currently looking for some extra cash and an opportunity to work from home.

She found this job on craiglist that she emailed about. And she got a reply.

I am just trying to make sure that this is not a scam.

Her future employee or whatever you want to call it wants her to use a program called Auctivia. Is that safe?

Here are parts of the email. I am not too familiar with ebay when it comes to this stuff so I didnt know what to tell her. Thanks for your help.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. YOU DO NOT PAY $$ UPFRONT. IT'S A REGULAR JOB, THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT YOU WORK AT HOME.
2. I COVER ALL FEES. I COVER FEES FOR SOLD AND UNSOLD ITEMS. AND PAYPAL FEES FOR RECEIVING PAYMENTS.
3. ALL PAYMENTS TRANSFERRED WILL BE THROUGH PAYPAL. SECURED METHOD!
4. ALL ITEMS ARE SHIP IN A COUPLE OF DAYS TO CUSTOMER VIA USPS WITH TRACKING INFORMATION
5. I DO NOT ACCESS YOUR EBAY OR PAYPAL INFORMATION. SO YOUR ACCOUNTS SECURITY IS NEVER EXPOSED.
6. AUCTIVA IS A THIRD PARTY AUCTION LISTING TOOL, ALL IT DOES IT POST AUCTIONS FOR SALE ON YOUR EBAY ACCOUNT.
7. AUCTIVA HAS 30 DAYS FREE TRIAL, A CREDIT CARD IS NOT REQUIRED. AFTER 30 DAYS, I COVER THE $9.99 FEE.
8. IT IS NOT A SCAM. THIS IS A REAL JOB & THERE ISN'T A CONTRACT, QUIT ANYTIME.
=============================================

HOW DO I GET STARTED?
=====================

Go to auctiva.com and create an account (it's FREE).

After registration, login and it will prompt you to generate a token.

Once token is generated, please email to me the auctiva login and password so I can go ahead and create the listings.

And send me your paypal email to input into the listings to receive payments from customers for items sold.

NOTE: THIS IS A REAL JOB, NO MONEY UPFRONT, IT'S NOT A PROGRAM AND I'M NOT
HERE TO SCAM ANYONE. I COVER ALL FEES (FOR SOLD AND UNSOLD ITEMS) + PAYPAL
FEES. EVERYTHING IS LEGIT AND CLEARLY EXPLAINED ABOVE.

This strikes me as a huge red flag...if she would be opening the auctiva acct and then send them the info with the password...why can't they just open one themselves..list their items and then give her the info so she can supposedly do the work they need....I would stayyyy away!

Sorry I misspelled it.

Well according to the employer she just wants many different accounts to sell from so that she can get more buyers. That makes sense to me.

It's called money laundering, to start. It has NOTHING to do with the listing service that is used (Auctiva).

It's 100% a scam and it goes like this:

Scammer either tells you what to list, or they do the listing (because the dupe opens an account at some place like Auctiva in their own name and gives the scammer access).

Auctions are listed on the victims Ebay account, or another account. Payment goes to the victims Pay Pal account.

Scammer provides fake USPS tracking numbers - or real ones for items that are NOT what was sold, or empty boxes. Victim then forwards most of the funds received (keeping a certain percentage or a small amount for each sale) to the scammer.

Then the buyers file for chargebacks because either they received nothing or not the item they bought.

Chargebacks/refunds are processed through the victims Pay Pal account, scammer is long gone with the funds.

Victim has to pay Pay Pal back ALL the funds.

You can google money payment mule, Ebay money forward scam, etc.

There are people who have posted on the forums at eBay that were facing criminal charges when they couldn't pay all the money back.

I have used Auctiva to list on Ebay for 4 years with complete success. They are 100% reliable. I would NOT further this scam BUT I would send details to Auctiva.com in the same way you send scam emails to [email protected]
They will have the technology & motivation to help stamp-out this scam.