Auctiva - just listed first item using it and want to edit

decocritter

Jan 5, 2007
I hate the scroll thingy at the top of my auction.

Can I edit it and get rid of it while the auction is listed - no bids?

I have seen that scroller at the bottom of the auction, not top, weird.

CAREFUL with editing scheduled listings on Auctiva. I once edited my listed scheduled to go out in 10 mins time and 2 ads got submitted instead of 1. I think there's a glitch. If you schedule a listing and want to edit it, make sure there's at least a window of time of 30+ minutes.

It is already active. I used a free template. I think you have to know HTML to edit things with a template. The Auctiva edit kicks you right into your ebay revise page, but the whole template and counter is in the description box.

I also don't know if the shipping calculator is correct. It says insurance included, but I do not trust it.

You will probably have to know the HTML code for the store window to anchor it at the bottom.

However for your future listings, you can go into your auctiva preferences and change it so the store window show up on the bottom.

You don't have to use html. There is a place where it asks if you want the window at the top or the bottom. I have to leave right away so I can't look right now and tell you exactly where it is but if your question isn't answered when I get back I'll have a look then.

You can go to auctiva, go to the store and click "edit scrolling gallery, then you can choose the placement. I checked and it will update to your active listings, it may take a couple of hours though.

Once active, you have to delete using HTML codes, I was told how on the auctivia forum and did it.

For a while I could still not edit the description and it did not show up on eBay search for over 8 hours. I was finally able to edit it on ebay revise. I wonder if the 2 situations are related?