Auctions which state 'Yes its authentic, NO NEED to email me!!!'

Halzer

Hooked on Classics!
O.G.
Mar 11, 2007
Do you take that as a warning signal??

There are a few bags that I have my eye on right now, but on two of the auctions, the seller has stated in large type that the bag IS genuine so there is no need to email them about it.

The thing is, the bag doesnt show the parts I need to see to convince me that it is authentic.

Im worried to email and ask incase they are authentic but the seller gets grumpy with me for emailing about it and doesnt let me bid. But if I dont ask and bid on the bags, and end up winning them, I could end up with a fake.

*sigh*

I know that constant emails about authenticity must annoy some sellers, but Ebay is a minefield of fakes so shouldnt that be an acceptable annoyance??

Yes, send her a nice email saying that you understand she don't want to be bother with authenticity questions but you will like to see picture of "this" and "that" If the bag is indeed authentic I'm sure the seller will have no problem sending them. Good Luck!

A seller who makes this statement needs to be sure to include plenty of photos of the item they are selling.

I have a similar statement in my auctions too but I also provide upwards of 15-18 pictures of my bags at all angles. It does get annoying for buyers to ask authenticty questions after you've almost sworn in blood that the thing is real. But at the same time, I understand why they do. My thing is this, if someone is that paranoid about bidding after they been provided with almost too many photos and guarantees, then they should stick to retail.

Good advice ladies.
One of the auctions Im looking at does have about 6 photos, but the same pics and auction was used by the seller a few days ago and someone bought the bag. So I think its a fair question to ask as obviously the bag I recieve wont be the one in the photo as someone else bought that already.
Anyway, I emailed her and I will let you all know the answer....if she answers and doesnt spontaniously combust in anger when she reads my email.
LOL;)

I always have a statement in my listings saying that the bag is authentic and I won't answer questions about authenticity, and then I urge people with doubts to come here and use the "authenticate this" forums.

I will always take more pictures if they're requested, but honestly, I don't know what I can say to somebody who simply messages me to ask if the bag is authentic.

I think a seller stating something is authentic means nothing ;) Also if I were to email them and ask, "Is this authentic?" is also meaningless as would their answer.

The only way to determine if a bag is authentic is to see GOOD pictures of the parts of the bag that can tell us (or rather tell the lovely people who authenticate bags on the forums here) whether the bag is authentic or not.

Many sellers have great pictures and many of them, that show all the information you could need. Other times vital info is missing so I always ask for additional pictures. If they refuse to send additional pictures then I personally won't take the risk.

There Was A Seller Who Stated In His Listing Dont Email Me About The Authenticity Because It Authentic And A Bid But When I Got The Bag It Was A Fake And He Stated That The Item Location Was La The Item Was Ship From China. You Never Know What You Are Going To Get When You Bid On A Item Because The Will List A Authentic Picture But Send You A Fake.

I do state it on my auction, but because I already post all the pictures to assure the authenticity of the items, and I don't want silly email asking "is it authentic?"

As a buyer, if I see that statement, and there are not enough pictures to confirm it, I would email to ask for the pictures, but not saying anything about authenticity even though that's what the pictures are for. Some sellers are not so experienced, so they might not have all the pictures posted. If I see the sellers have been selling designer items for a while and still not have enough pictures, I would say she is selling fakes or hiding something, and I don't bother to email for more pictures. If you want to sell your goods, just work hard at it.

I don't have an issue with a seller stating in caps that an item is authentic. They can swear on the bible for all I care, I'm still going to have my doubts.

As long as they're willing to provide pics of certain angles of the item to try to determine authenticity, then we're all good. Afterall, a 'mature' seller should understand the apprehension of purchasing a claimed "authentic" item, when ebay is so full of scammers. This process is something a seller must be willing to deal with when opting to sell something online.

If the seller gives an attitude about this, I just keep it moving. I can understand a newbie not understanding the concept of specifically-angled pics for authenticating purposes, but if the seller is obviously a pro & chooses not to cooperate, than all I see is red flags.

I know a lot of people get frustrated with that, so I stick on my listings:

"I welcome any questions of authenticity and will ALWAYS answer with pride, "YES. My items are the real deal."

PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU WOULD LIKE ANY ADDITIONAL, SPECIFIC PICTURES, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I'D BE HAPPY TO INCLUDE THEM."

Sorry to those of you who state it on your auction but I cant stand it when people say please do not ask about authenticity. I had that big issue recently when a seller went crazy when I asked her for a few pics. Its ridiculous. It makes me feel like there is something to hide. The seller in question retracted my best offer and her bag sold for a lot less. I always say my items are authentic but I still welcome the question, it is their money and they have every right to ask...just my opinion.

i dont have that "statement" in my listing.however, i do feel paranoid. i said it is authentic in my listing, there's no point of asking me again...do they expect me to change my answer or something?
i will still answer it...but yeah,i hate to
however, they are welcome 24/7 to ask for more pics