Auction Relisted after it ended

lpaigenyc

Dec 22, 2009
What would be a reason that an auction would be relisted hours after it was sold? This morning a handbag I bid on (but was outbid) was sold and then I was just checking the auction listing and there it was again, same pictures, etc. I thought you ladies might be more knowledgeable as to why this might of happened. The starting bid price on the new listing is starting out at more than the first one, that's the only difference. Any thoughts?

What would be a reason that an auction would be relisted hours after it was sold? This morning a handbag I bid on (but was outbid) was sold and then I was just checking the auction listing and there it was again, same pictures, etc. I thought you ladies might be more knowledgeable as to why this might of happened. The starting bid price on the new listing is starting out at more than the first one, that's the only difference. Any thoughts?
some people may make some faked ids to manipulate the sale price.

I think also the seller could have cancelled the transaction because the ending price was too low,they sometimes do that,thats why he relisted it hoping for better outcome price that actually explains the higher starting bid.

Providing it is a new bag the seller could have multiples of the bag. If you are still interested i would suggest that you contact the seller and ask the reason.

Thanks everyone! I contacted the seller and she said that the winner asked to cancel the auction, she also asked if I wanted a second chance offer, what does that mean? Does she know the price I bid up to? I can't remember!

Yes I believe that is the price you were bidding at when you were outbid.

But be careful, i have told someone at the end I didn't want it when I had my item authenticated and told them it was fake, so just be cautious. Some people also just have buyers remorse you a second chance offer is a lucky break for you!

thanks amag520, I posted pictures the seller sent me in the authenticate this thread for the designer but never heard back. It looks real based upon what I've read about but I really don't know enough to say for 100%. it's funny but now I'm not so sure when before I wanted it bad enough to bid!

From what I recall from the bidding history there were several various bidders and the winning bid was someone who had the previously highest bid. The handbag is significantly less than retail. The seller guaranteed the handbag was authentic (which you can't necessarily trust) although the pictures looked real. Do you think I could ask her for additional pictures before I accept the second chance?

If it's the listing I think it is, both the first one and the second started at the same starting bid price.

Thanks everyone! I contacted the seller and she said that the winner asked to cancel the auction, she also asked if I wanted a second chance offer, what does that mean? Does she know the price I bid up to? I can't remember!
Yes, anyone who looks at the bid history can see the bids. If she send you a SCO, it's at your high bid price.

I would suspect shill bidding also. The shill overbid and won, so the artificially jacked up price makes a SCO a dubious bargain.
I don't see shilling in the listing I think it is.

OP I have had to make these kind of second chance offers. What you can't see is that the winner may be a total loser who is just spraying out bids. It is a complete pain in the B....

If you like the item, you bid to the level you were comfortable to and you'd be happy to pay it, then all things being equal, why not?

This fortnight has been unbelievable for people saying "I won it but I don't want it". "Or you mean you really won't mark it at $20 and gift - Oh, no I don't want it", or not saying anything. It's like an epidemic out there now.

Also, the seller may be someone who never gives second chance offers.

OP.. before you accept the second chance offer, just make sure this bag
is authentic...buyers do change their minds after placing & winning bids
so it could be relisted for that reason...in addition to the possibility of
shill bidding as well