Auburn, Harewood, & Chocolate: Comparisons

I love brown bags and these comparison shots are priceless! I love the look of Auburn, had Harewood before and love Chocolate, though I have Coffee. :P

I am so tempted to buy another brown bag and I'm trying to be good!

thanks for the comparison shots featherie. I have a chocolate nikki and was wondering if the auburn would be too similar, but it looks like it is pretty red in comparison...definitely something for me to consider ;)

I love Harewood, too! I'm a brown whore, so chocolate and harewood are tied on my list.

Harewood looks BEAUTIFUL on that Darling, as in matter of fact, it looks delicious!! I had no idea the Darling would look so smoooooooochy on that pic (I thought it'd be a bit structured). Chocolate looks delish too, but I obviously missed out on that color.

I think I want a Darling now!! I need a neutral color bag and that Darling looks gorgeous!!

Those are great comparison shots. I know I'm in the minority here but I really like the birdie lining against the Auburn nikki. :amuse:

Harewood is lovely.

Hi, girls :smile:

I know everyone's been curious about Auburn, especially in comparison with Harewood, and since I just received my Auburn Nikki in the mail today, I thought I'd spend my lonely Friday night being productive! Keep in mind, these were all taken with flash, so colors can be a little skewed, but hopefully this gives you a good idea.

Auburn Nikki
IMG_0770.jpg

Auburn is NOT smooshy right off the bat. She's a little on the stiff side; awkward to throw over the shoulder and squeaky up against the hardware.

IMG_0773.jpg

If I could compare Auburn to another color, it would be Latte, except Auburn is more of a natural red-brown, a little richer. It's almost a rusty color.

IMG_0774.jpg

Birds... 'nuff said.

Chocolate & Auburn Nikkis
IMG_0782.jpg

Harewood Darling & Auburn Nikki
IMG_0786.jpg

Trio Comparison
IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

Oooo, the harewood is my favourite of the three. It's beautiful! Is it prone to scratches?

Thanks for the pictures, featherie - they're very helpful (and I :heart: your quilt - did you make it yourself?)

Hi Ladies,

So, I am trying to decide between an Auburn, Harewood and a Brown Mini Beloved. These pictures are super helpful, but it's still difficult for me too choose since I haven't see them in person! I'm basically looking for a deep, rich, cognac like brown. Something that will go well with both brown and black. I think Harewood is it ... but Auburn is pretty close. Maybe Auburn has too much red? Help please! Then there is brown thrown in there too, which doesn't look too disimilar from Harewood, but maybe less red?

Here is the Auburn: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370479858764

And here is the Harewood: http://www.bonanza.com/booths/SmartRatty/items/NWT_Rebecca_Minkoff_RM_Mini_Beloved_in_Harewood_

Brown http://www.bonanza.com/booths/babybabyjerry/items/NWT_Rebecca_Minkoff_Beloved_Mini__brown

I've had both, auburn has more red undertones and harewood is more chocolately. auburn is a stiffer leather and harewood is a softer and less structured leather. I personally prefer harewood

I've had both, auburn has more red undertones and harewood is more chocolately. auburn is a stiffer leather and harewood is a softer and less structured leather. I personally prefer harewood

Thanks - do you think the shiny brown one on Bonanza looks pretty close to the Harewood? I think the auburn is going to have too much red in it from the pictures. It seems like Harewood has a tinge of red undertones to give it that deep rich color?