Attention Uk Buyers/sellers.........help!!

miu2

Chewy Redlands CA Police K-9
O.G.
Jun 27, 2007
Here's my dilemma, I have a bag on ebay right now and have offered free shipping to anyone who uses the BIN option ($2499). I don't offer International shipping because of the high costs, but this person has asked if I would make an exception and send to the UK if she were to use the BIN option. I agreed and will still honor the free shipping. Well, she asked me if I knew how much duties and customs costs might be so I looked on the FedEx site and found that it would cost her around $525!!! Unless I read the thing wrong...............that's just crazy!!!

Does anyone know if there are less expensive ways to ship from the US to the UK?? I will not claim less than the $2500 on the shipping form, so that's not an option for me. Any thoughts or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!! :flowers:

however you ship it, it will still have to go through customs, she might be lucky and get away with it, but she should have looked into all this before she purchased IMO !

Here's my dilemma, I have a bag on ebay right now and have offered free shipping to anyone who uses the BIN option ($2499). I don't offer International shipping because of the high costs, but this person has asked if I would make an exception and send to the UK if she were to use the BIN option. I agreed and will still honor the free shipping. Well, she asked me if I knew how much duties and customs costs might be so I looked on the FedEx site and found that it would cost her around $525!!! Unless I read the thing wrong...............that's just crazy!!!

Does anyone know if there are less expensive ways to ship from the US to the UK?? I will not claim less than the $2500 on the shipping form, so that's not an option for me. Any thoughts or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!! :flowers:

Unfortunately there is no way...here in Italy the custom fees for such amount would be even higher...a couple of weeks ago i got a 159,90$ parcel from USA and got charged around 65 euro ( about 80$)...SCARY!!:wtf::wtf:

Firstly, I would have charged for the foreign shipping, it can be quite costly with insurance.
Secondly if she is in the UK , as I am , she can look up customs regs on the customs and excise website. Those charges are for buyers and have nothing to do with the seller.
In my experience from buying from US, sometimes we pay charges, sometimes we dont. Its just a case of if our package gets picked by the people in customs..

Firstly, I would have charged for the foreign shipping, it can be quite costly with insurance.
Secondly if she is in the UK , as I am , she can look up customs regs on the customs and excise website. Those charges are for buyers and have nothing to do with the seller.
In my experience from buying from US, sometimes we pay charges, sometimes we dont. Its just a case of if our package gets picked by the people in customs..

:tup: Sure,they are buyer's responsability!!:yes:
Not sure about UK custom,but in Italy custom employees would surely pick a parcel with such high insured and declared value...:sweatdrop:...no chance of unseen ones!:rolleyes:

:tup: Sure,they are buyer's responsability!!:yes:
Not sure about UK custom,but in Italy custom employees would surely pick a parcel with such high insured and declared value...:sweatdrop:...no chance of unseen ones!:rolleyes:
I have been lukcy in the past. My package must have gone by while they were having a tea break....

I was recently burned by UK customs - got charged $150 for a $750 bag (20%) - that works out to be the same proportion as your bag! It's very steep, sadly. :sad: Most of the time I just get stuff sent to a forwarding address in the US and DHL-ing it to the UK without insurance (stuff hasn't gotten lost yet) so I was shocked! I'm not sure how to get around it, I'm afraid! Good luck for your transaction!

Use USPS Int'l Priority or Express Mail. I shipped a MJ Stam bag to Hong Kong for around $41.00 fully insured. Have a Chanel bag shipping to Canada tomorrow. Express mail is only $33 with full insurance. I use Fed Ex Ground for US deliveries and USPS for all overseas. Customs/duties are not your responsibility. It is the buyer's responsibility. I won't ship without full insurance because if the package gets lost or damaged the seller is out the money. Some buyers ask to not have the cost of the bag on the package but it is unavoidable if you are adding insurance. Cover yourself. If they want the item bad enough, they will pay the customs fees.

the charges are crazy, for small things i dont mind them putting the wrong value but a big bag like that i would not take the risk.

Just say No to them, you will find another buyer :smile:

That sounds about right for import into the UK. I dont know of any way to get them in more cheaply its just something us UK buyers have to take into consideration.

As for the shipping costs idk...maybe the duties will put her off so you can stick with USA buyers?