Attention toronto: Hermes pop up shop!!!!

Nov 16, 2009
I don't know if you guys know... I just came across a blog: Toronto Is Fashion that mentioned there is a Hermes pop up shop in Toronto on Yonge!!!
It's a J'aime Mon Carre thing and the place looks awesome from the photos!
They will teach you how to tie your scarf and BEST of all :yahoo: you can have a mini photoshoot in front of a J'aime Mon Carre backdrop!

I think I'm going to jet to T.O. just to go! I am saving my money for the new spring/summer collection, but maybe a twilly?

update!

The store space isn't actually very large, but they seemed to make good use of it.

Entrance:

IMG_0001-1-1.jpg

Walls were covered with photo collages and scarves:

IMG_0005.jpg

At the back, the cashier/photoshoot place:

IMG_0006-1.jpg

And a horse in the front window:

IMG_0004-1.jpg

I believe it was constructed by using paper mache, then covering it in yarn and scarves.

IMG_0003-1.jpg

Souvenirs!

Buttons made of cut-up scarves :faint: I should post this on the "identify this scaf" thread...

IMG_0011.jpg

Colouring pages:

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

Magazine with photos of four models in various scarves:

IMG_0010-1.jpg

And of course....

IMG_0012.jpg

Ex-libris glam scarf, my first EL! ^.^ It seems to go well with lurex, lame, and basically any other clothes with hints of metallic in them. It also works really well when you intertwine a dark blue/black scarf with it, like I did with my orange scarf today. Will try to take some

IMG_0015-1.jpg

I also have a question for the lovely members on this forum. On the yellow tag in the picture, it says "carre glam 70cm ex libris etc etc etc" which is the name of the scarf. However, on the white tag (the one with the price tag and barcode) it says "les petits indiens 55cm s scarf en ponge". I am not entirely sure, but I remember the glam scarf that was tied on the model had a $350 CAD price tag, but I was charged $395. Is there an error afoot? I am thinking of giving them a call tomorrow as they were closed by the time I discovered this and they did not give me a store receipt (only a visa receipt, apparently their system was down), but would like to know if I have a case first. Thanks!

Last edited:
mattking2000, we need to look at PdV to check it out:smile:

and congrats on your first EL. The glams are very pretty. Nex a GM:nuts:

Yes yes! To the reference library!

Thanks =) I am quite fastly becoming addicted to EL... I went through your EL thread and they're tempting!

ah~~ you went ! did you take any pics at the photoshoot? Luckky you! Your scarf is beautiful!!

Thanks! I didn't take any photos at the actual photoshoot place though, I think.

Mattking2000- did you try out the handbag (50cm Birkin?) in the basement? The orange staircase to the basement was something.

I KNEW IT! I wandered over to the orange door and there was an SA standing there. I asked him if we could go through the door, but he said "no, it's just a storage space" :pout::pout::pout:

Thanks! I didn't take any photos at the actual photoshoot place though, I think.

I KNEW IT! I wandered over to the orange door and there was an SA standing there. I asked him if we could go through the door, but he said "no, it's just a storage space" :pout::pout::pout:

That's so strange! The basement was where the backdrop for the photoshoot was.