Attention: moms with Neverfulls!

k_elizabeth

Jul 19, 2013
My little guy is about to turn one and I’m a mess of emotions over it... I’m not sure why, but I’m feeling so nostalgic for the newborn/maternity leave days! To make myself feel better I’m planning on treating myself to a new bag. I really don’t like switching bags all the time so I’d like something that works for my mom life and work life (I work in corporate finance, so somewhat formal).

I know there are a million threads/videos/reviews about the neverfull as a diaper bag, but does anyone use it as their combo work/mommy bag and love it? If not, any suggestions on an alternative that you do love?

Thank you all!!

When my boy was the age of yours I chose a small crossbody for me AND a backpack as a diaper bag for him: I wanted to avoid nightmares such as leaks of sticky stuff in my bag or worse ... [emoji33][emoji28]
Time flies, you won’t use the diaper bag for long, and now that he/she will start walking you will need to be hands free. [emoji4]

Reactions: k_elizabeth
I wanted to use my bag for the same two reasons. I chose the delightful mm and bought an extra crossbody strap. When the little ones start walking, it is good to be able to have the option of hands free. So the graceful and an extra strap would be an option! [emoji324]

Reactions: k_elizabeth
Neverfull is a wonderful bag, but it won't serve your purpose. You'll need to be hands free very soon and that stage will last for a while. You need to be able to bend over and the Neverful is an open bag -- your stuff will be all over the place all the time. Whatever you choose, make sure your hands can be free and the bag closes. Just my two cents - a Neverfull owner and mother of three. Neverfull's never been out with the toddlers.

Perhaps a Totally? I know when I carried a diaper bag I preferred something with some end pockets and able to close, also always carried both a diaper bag and a handbag - didn’t want to always feel like I had the diaper bag with me. Good luck finding what works best for you :smile:

I wanted to use my bag for the same two reasons. I chose the delightful mm and bought an extra crossbody strap. When the little ones start walking, it is good to be able to have the option of hands free. So the graceful and an extra strap would be an option! [emoji324]

Good point on hands free being more important once he’s walking! Will check out delightful!

No, it doesn't seem functional.

On the other hand, a piece that does seem worth it is a Longchamp Le Pliage tote. It's amazing in terms of space because it's not stiff, waterproof and an easy clean and dry if things like milk bottles and hot water spill. Once your baby has grown up, you will still be able to use it for multipurpose again.

Still, invest in the Neverfull but for the time being a Longchamp is perfect for a mother, student, everyday kind of thing! My mom swears by it for my baby sister.

No, it doesn't seem functional. (Functional ENOUGH to be a multipurpose) and it does start sagging with heavy items.

On the other hand, a piece that does seem worth it is a Longchamp Le Pliage tote. It's amazing in terms of space because it's not stiff, waterproof and an easy clean and dry if things like milk bottles and hot water spill (you won't feel bad about spills). Once your baby has grown up, you will still be able to use it for multipurpose again.

Still, invest in the Neverfull but for the time being a Longchamp is perfect for a mother, student, everyday kind of thing! My mom swears by it for my baby sister.

Forgot to mention, Le Pliage is very classic and great for work :smile:

Reactions: jules 8