Attention Canadians and fellow wet weather tPFers!

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. So fall's coming in...and i'm NOT going to endure another 2 semesters of trudging to college in wet jeans and sneakers... i just BARELY survived the last one since i've only recently moved here to vancouver, which i'm sure most of u know.. POURS during fall and winter :censor:.
    SO, i was wondering how you other girls fare out there?? Uggs? timberlands? what's your secret!? :crybaby:
    my problem is that i've got thick calves.. so leather knee high boots make me look like i've got tree trunk legs, since they're flat heels... i wouldn't mind a wedge, maybe?? :idea: i walk a lot....
    i need something i can tuck my jeans in and won't get wet!! preferably knee high!
    i saw a pair of report kenai boots a PFer posted up in another thread... any other suggestion, ladies?? HELP!!!
    sorry for the long post :P
    p.s are Uggs waterproof enough for vancouver?
    :flowers: really appreciate this, girls!!!

2. HM...good luck. I have super thick calves too...and the ONLY taller boots I can get into are the short uggs. That said, they survived a particularly snowing christmas in chicago two years ago....they never left me feet. I don't remember if I waterproofed them or not? They did get a little dirty but I cleaned them up with a suede cleaner and they were good as new.

3. i've got a pair of stuart weitzman goretex boots, waterproof but fashionable as it has heels. hopefully this will stand the weather! :sweatdrop:

i used to live in boston where the winters are snowy and slushy, and i lived in land's end all-weather mocs, which i may pick up again. also looking into uggs, but too afraid to try them 'cause i don't want to look like elephant feet! :lol:

4. I understand your situation, I have some beautiful shoes, but I hate risking messing them up. We get a lot of rain in Philly, plus the city streets are filthy. In those situations, I go with practical shoes, nothing fancy. I guess that is why bags are so wonderful, they don't get dragged through the streets.
    Sometimes, there isn't avoiding getting the Eddie Bauer Snow boots out.

5. I wear my LFA (Love From Australia brand) Ugg boots.

They dry out.....eventually! :lol:

6. ...and if it snows, I wear my big, black, Sorel Snowfall boots, which I bought from a Canadian website, after I saw them in British Vogue (like these, but with a less ridged sole):

[​IMG]

I love 'em (I feel like Judge Anderson in them! :lol: [female Judge Dredd!]) - but unfortunately, I don't get enough chances to wear them. :sad:

7. uggs is great :smile:

8. La Canadienne boots...waterproofed suede. So unbelievably comfy!

You can find them at Brown's/B2 and Feet First (I think?)

laCanadienne

9. I just ordered a pair of Burberry Rainboots (from Holts) for the Vancouver wet weather (although I heard this fall is not going to be as wet as last year!). Last year, it rained almost a month straight and I couldn't get a pair of Burberry's because they were sold out!!! So this year, I ordered them and they'll be arriving sometime this week! I'm glad I didn't end up getting the ones from last year because this year, the style has changed just a little bit and the sole is more comfortable (softer)! Good Luck finding a pair of boots!!

burberry rainboots.jpg
  10. i wear uggs inside as slippers to battle the cold cdn winters. but in the snow and slush i wear a cute pair of flat diesel boots. think brown's has them again this year. the material is great, water and stain resistant. i wore them a lot last yr and they still look brand new.

11. I heard that it is suppose to be a dry fall, more so than last year! Love those Burberry Boots! I actually would rather deal with rain than ice and snow!

12. when i wass back in toronto, i wore my Uggs practically every day. they did get soaked thru once when it started raining wet snow and i had to walk awhile thru puddles and such but other than that, they held up perfectly. i bought the sundance in chestnut so they don't even LOOK dirty.

now that i've moved to HK, i don't think i'll be needing them as much. i can't believe i'm going to say this, but i think i'll miss the canadian winter!!

13. Toiletduck...don't get rid of those UGGS. I never had any until I moved here to HK...and I have bought a new pair each winter, as I literally wore them every day through the cold months! And they have been soaked, but my feet have stayed dry...so i highly recommend them. Once I even had a wave wash over my feet when I was wearing my Uggs, and my toes never felt a drop!!!

14. I like this thread. I bought Kors Beavertons last year but I just spray them with the suede protector and it helped.

I would like Delman Prestons. Do you girls know any stores in Toronto that might carry them besides Davids (im not even sure if they have it)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice