Attention all online Savvy SS shoppers

rocksteady

Jul 19, 2009
As some of you know, Savvy released our personal and financial information via email this morning; if you received contact from Nicole at around 8:40 am PST, odds are you were also sent the credit card and personal information of other LAMBies. Please monitor your accounts, and contact Savvy with your complaints.

I have attempted contact Savvy through email and Facebook, and posted herein are my messages:

Posted this on FB:
ATTENTION SHOPPERS OF LA ONLINE SAMPLE SALE: CREDIT CARD INFORMATION WAS RELEASED EN MASSE WITHIN IN AN EMAIL FROM NICOLE SENT THIS MORNING. PLEASE CHECK YOUR ACCOUNTS IMMEDIATELY AND CANCEL CCs. THIS IS A SERIOUS BREACH OF PRIVACY AND SAVVY IS AT FAULT. AGAIN, THE EMAIL WAS SENT AT ROUGHLY 8:40 AM PST, AND IT CONTAINS PERSONAL CREDIT CARD INFORMATION OF CUSTOMERS. SAVVY HAS BEEN NOTIFIED, BUT A RESPONSE IS FORTHCOMING.

Sent this email to Savvy:
URGENT: Serious Privacy Breach in Regards to Credit Card Info from Sample Sale

Attention Nicole and Savvy NYC,

You sent out at 8:53 am emails notifying those of us who did not qualify for the LAMB Sample Sale of our exclusion, but in doing so, you sent out our PRIVATE credit card information to everyone on the mailing list. This is a serious problem, and now our privacy and finances are at stake. Please rectify this gross error immediately before legal recourse is sought against Savvy Co. Again, you have endangered many people in negligently releasing this information.

We expect IMMEDIATE answers for this level of ineptitude.

Kristina, I did not receive your name in the email, so I am assuming you are safe. In the interim though, monitor your account. If you feel unsure, cancel. I did, and I am contemplating filing a report with the NY Attorney General.

Oohh so it was a mass email that she sent with a number of people's info on it. That's just common sense to NOT do! OMG, I'm really hoping you do that Rocksteady, because that's inexcusable. Full names, home addresses, CREDIT CARD info!! I think Savvy has now completely given me a huge reason to not do business with them anymore. :tdown:

I cannot believe this. I received that email from Nicole and didn't even notice the personal & CC info until I saw this thread. I just went back and read it and sure enough, the private info of 2 customers in California is included. What I don't understand is are these the only 2 poor people who had their info divulged or did each email have info from different customers in it?

I cancelled my CC just in case. I am so disturbed by this and can only hope & pray others get their accounts closed ASAP. Thank you rocksteady for alerting us to this urgent issue!!!

Can those of you who received these emails please get together and see if you have the same names or different names of those whose personal info was included and post whether or not it matches or does not? And also be willing to accept PMs from those who are concerned to see if their name is in the list?

I know it's asking a lot, but if it helps people it would be the good karma thing to do!

I'm feeling the same way K -- I just want to know if a) I'm on the damn list, and b) let others that I know if they are included.

Exactly. What we need to know is:

Did everyone receive the same names and CC info or was different information sent to various people?

What are the names of those who were compromised?

Even if it is just first name only, can that be posted and let people ask questions via PM or assume for themselves?

I think there are only 2 people whose names were divulged and one of them was me. I am LIVID and have already sent a really nasty e-mail to Savvy. Luckily I saw Tristin's note and called my CC company right away to cancel it. They said no recent charges had been made, thank God! This is enough to make me want to stop online shopping altogether... I feel so violated. What a horrible way to start my weekend! :censor: