Attention all online Savvy SS shoppers

I'm so irritated too. Just got the same form letter reply. No matter what THEY think, I *was* affected by this as I had to cancel my credit card. And for the record, they never did tell me if they charged me for the bags or respond to ANY of my other emails. Just the form letter cut and paste.

My goodness, I will never have anything to do with this company EVER again.

Here is the email I received, along with my response:

"Daar [Blank] -
Thank you for bringing this most unfortunate incident to our attention.
As soon as you made us aware of the situation we fully researched it and discovered that your information was not compromised in anyway.
We are taking steps to rectify the matter. Rest assured that all those who were affected by it have been contacted.
Thank you once again!
We wish you the happiest of Holidays!
All our very best,
Ann & The Savvy Team"

...and my email...

"To whom it may concern at Savvy,

I find it absurd that you believe my "information was not compromised in anyway." I consider it a MAJOR breach of privacy when my personal information is released via email to strangers, and I'm sorry you do not. This event was completely unavoidable, but Savvy and its employees have portrayed a sense of apathy for their customers' security and privacy. Perhaps you should consider revising your privacy policy in conjunction with your behavior.

I'm interested in hearing how Savvy Co. plans to "rectify the matter."

So you know, I have contacted the Better Business Bureau of New York and Schifter & Partners to report Savvy Co.'s negligence.

Happy Holidays!"

The most recent email....

Dear Cheryl -

Regrettably during the event that took place last week the information of four of our valued customers was inadvertently attached to communications to no more than seven Savvy customers. All four of these affected customers have already been informed of this most unfortunate situation.

We are sending this email to reassure you that NONE of your information WAS COMPROMISED IN ANY WAY.

We thoroughly investigated this situation and are confident that this is the extent of the error.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for any concerns or inconveniences that may have been caused by communications that did not originate from Savvy regarding this matter.

All our very best,
Ann & The Savvy Team

It has come to our attention that your information was inadvertently forwarded to seven other L.A.M.B. afficinados, who were similarly interested in this event. We sincerely apologize for this most unfortunate incident.

We were extremely upset to learn about this inadvertent disclosure. We have taken immediate steps to rectify the situation.

We encourage you to contact your credit card company to ensure that there was no improper activity.

In view of this inconvenience, we are sending you a L.AM.B. handbag with our compliments.

Again, please accept our most sincere apologies!

All our very best,
Ann & The Savvy Team