Attention all Chanelista's, your input is appreciated!

RedsMom

Cowboy Nation
O.G.
Jan 11, 2009
Hello my fellow TPF'ers, I am seeking your advice.....Do you think that a small/medium Caviar classic flap w/ SHW or a Vintage Lambskin Jumbo Maxi with GHW are appropriate for a gala/charity event? I don't have the timeless clutch yet, and wanted your opinion on if either of these in my current collection are appropriate? I appreciate your input! TIA!

I actually have never used my M/L for really dressy events; I have evening bags specifically for those situations. The jumbo is definitely not appropriate for such.

If I had to choose between the 2 I would go with the small/medium classic. The jumbo is way to big for such an event. IMHO I think the small/ medium might even be a bit too much. I agree with the previous post maybe you can pull it off if you hold it like a clutch rather than on your shoulder.

Hello my fellow TPF'ers, I am seeking your advice.....Do you think that a small/medium Caviar classic flap w/ SHW or a Vintage Lambskin Jumbo Maxi with GHW are appropriate for a gala/charity event? I don't have the timeless clutch yet, and wanted your opinion on if either of these in my current collection are appropriate? I appreciate your input! TIA!

If you have time before the event, you could always see if bag borrow or steal has one that you could rent for the night. Or you could just get a nice pretty clutch that's not Chanel from a store or ebay that's not super pricey but would look good for this kind of event. There are some gorgeous vintage no name bags out there.

I also have the clutch that was posted above, and it's more of an evening bag. This is another example of a Chanel evening bag. But it doesn't have to be Chanel to be lovely; I have many by old and new brands that are quite nice for evenings out.

Attachments

• dior louboutin bags 023cr.jpg
    dior louboutin bags 023cr.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 387
I also have the clutch that was posted above, and it's more of an evening bag. This is another example of a Chanel evening bag. But it doesn't have to be Chanel to be lovely; I have many by old and new brands that are quite nice for evenings out.

I completely agree with tutushopper... I think it's better to carry an evening bag than a Chanel that looks inappropriate.

I have actually seen people carry jumbos at a formal event, and it looks like all they want to do is flash their big expensive Chanel. It really looks out of place. And a nice, elegant, no name bag would look so much better.

Reactions: Sparkletastic
I would choose the small flap over the Jumbo from the options you listed. However, for a gala/charity event I would opt for something smaller. Like willeyi mentioned, the Kisslock is a beautiful choice for an evening clutch.

Thank y'all so much for your thoughts and feedback. I sincerely appreciate it, and now know that a Chanel clutch is next on my list so I have the appropriate choice fro these type of events! Thank you again!