Attention ALL 17P Caviar Boy Bag Owners!

chanel1212

Jun 18, 2013
I recently purchased a 17P blue boy bag and I'm extremely disappointed in the quality of this purse...

IMG_1487830445.115637.jpg

Earlier this week I found a few chipped spots on my bag... so i thought maybe i wasn't careful so i moved on...

i just went out for dinner with my friend and i was babying the bag so much, the bag was sitting on my lap the whole time and i made sure nothing sharp was near it (eg jacket zippers) ... i just got home and i found out more chipping happened!!! I have no idea how it happened because i am sooo extra careful already!

new chippings found after dinner...
IMG_1487830484.961707.jpg
IMG_1487830501.146238.jpg

To all 17P caviar owners... what do you think of your bag? I hope no one has the same problem as me...

Thanks for letting me share! Please let me know what you think, if you have a caviar boy flap from other years/seasons I would like to hear about yours!

Is it really a chip? I have a caviar bag that had something like that; I was freaking out but it turned out to be something else, that a slightly dam cloth rubbed it a way in secs.
WHy there are so many complains about the caviar boy??? I'm worry since I want to get one soon.

chanel1212, did you contact your SA about exchanging or returning the bag? You've only had the bag for a short time so this many "chips" in the leather is not acceptable! And the bag being caviar is supposed to be tough enough to withstand light bumps and scratches!

Is it really a chip? I have a caviar bag that had something like that; I was freaking out but it turned out to be something else, that a slightly dam cloth rubbed it a way in secs.
WHy there are so many complains about the caviar boy??? I'm worry since I want to get one soon.

Yes they are, I felt them with my fingers and the coating is gone...

Maybe it's my bag only so don't worry just yet :smile:

chanel1212, did you contact your SA about exchanging or returning the bag? You've only had the bag for a short time so this many "chips" in the leather is not acceptable! And the bag being caviar is supposed to be tough enough to withstand light bumps and scratches!

I've just sent an email to my SA last night so hopefully i'll hear back soon. I will post an update here.

you're right.... i've only had the bag for so long and if the caviar isn't even durable then there is obviously something with quality control.

I've just sent an email to my SA last night so hopefully i'll hear back soon. I will post an update here.

you're right.... i've only had the bag for so long and if the caviar isn't even durable then there is obviously something with quality control.

I had the same thing happen to me recently with a bag I had for three weeks and hadn't been aggressively using. I was pretty traumatized and I was going to send it to the Leather Surgeons but the folks here suggested I return it and luckily I was indeed able to return it after all. FunBagz also tracked down some other threads for me at the time that references this same chipping issue (although I think my chipping was the worst that I've seen so far) https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/fresh-from-leather-surgeons-reveal.960788/page-2#post-31080464 -- My iridescent goat skin and black calf boys that I've had for a year+ still look like new with similar usage...not sure what is going on with this season's caviar that it is so delicate.

Attachments

• IMG_20170217_062240.jpg
    IMG_20170217_062240.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 1,563
I had the same thing happen to me recently with a bag I had for three weeks and hadn't been aggressively using. I was pretty traumatized and I was going to send it to the Leather Surgeons but the folks here suggested I return it and luckily I was indeed able to return it after all. FunBagz also tracked down some other threads for me at the time that references this same chipping issue (although I think my chipping was the worst that I've seen so far) https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/fresh-from-leather-surgeons-reveal.960788/page-2#post-31080464 -- My iridescent goat skin and black calf boys that I've had for a year+ still look like new with similar usage...not sure what is going on with this season's caviar that it is so delicate.

So glad to see you were able to return your bag! I was shocked when I saw your photos of this bag after having it only 3 weeks! I have lots of caviar pieces and have not experienced anything like this with any of them...nor with my iridescent goat boy or my calf boys. Hope your next Chanel experience is a positive one.

Reactions: catin
So glad to see you were able to return your bag! I was shocked when I saw your photos of this bag after having it only 3 weeks! I have lots of caviar pieces and have not experienced anything like this with any of them...nor with my iridescent goat boy or my calf boys. Hope your next Chanel experience is a positive one.
Thanks again FunBagz! I kind of have my eye on those Gabrielle hobo bags...and I'll probably go for something not in caviar next time haha

Thanks for letting me know! I will wait for my SA's response