Attack of The Wags: Not for the Squeamish

PrincessMe

Thank You God <3
O.G.
Aug 27, 2006
The sun may have been shining on the ladies at Aintree yesterday.

But showers of snow, sleet and hail are forecast for the Grand National finale today.

Bookmakers are hoping the conditions don't put a dampener on things - because they are expecting £250million worth of bets on the big race. Scroll down for more...
On parade: The Aintree fashionistas step out in a riot of colourful styles for Ladies Day yesterday

Racegoers_468x384.jpg
Fashion on the field: There was more colour in the race-goers' dresses than the jockeys' silks

coleensheree_468x677.jpg
WAGs in residence: Coleen McLoughlin in her short floral number and a monochrome Sheree Murphy arrive at Aintree Ladies' Day

RacegoersMERCPRESS_468x687.jpg
Strong tailwind: One guest has a giggle as a gust blows through

In contrast to the miserly 6c (42f) forecast for today, glorious sunshine greeted racegoers yesterday for Ladies Day. Scroll down for more...
Floaty fashion stakes: Flowing skirts and daring necklines

AlexCurran_468x715.jpg
Licence to frill: Alex Curran put on the style to attend the races at Liverpool's Aintree racecourse

alexcurranBAS_468x319.jpg
Fashionistas: Alex and her pals pitched up at the races in a flurry of ruffles, fake fur and designer shoes

Coleen McLoughin, Wayne Rooney's fiance, looked appropriately sunny in a strappy blue and yellow floral Balenciaga dress.
The above-the-knee hemline was set off by diamond earrings, a diamond bracelet from Wayne and blue peep-toe Christian Louboutin shoes.

"I wasn't going to wear this," she said. Scroll down for more...
AintreeSPLASH_468x510.jpg
Pretty in pink, orange and monochrome: These Liverpool lovelies certainly dressed for the occasion

Aintreefashion1_468x454.jpg
Girly pink and floaty fabrics were the order of the day for these race-goers

"

Day 2: WAGs Coleen McLoughlin and Sheree Murphy lead the field at Aintree Ladies' Day | the Daily Mail

But with the weather, I thought I would go a bit short. I went with all my mates and my mum and everyone at Aintree looks great. Everyone has made such an effort from the top to the toe."

Sheree Murphy, Liverpool footballer Harry Kewell's wife, was demure in a simple black frock, tights and matching shoes.
And she and Coleen looked positively restrained compared with some fellow revellers. Scroll down for more...
Standing out from the crowd: Some of the outfits drew attention from the action on the track

These ladies went all out in high heels and even higher hemlines

Thirsty work: One celebrating race-goer, dressed in a leopard-print dress, sips a bottle of champagne while another bets on an Australian favourite

'I thought I would go a bit short' said Coleen McLoughlin of her Balenciaga dress

Permed, primped and preened, these ladies were leaving nothing to chance - or the imagination.

Cloudy Lane's trainer is 38-yearold Donald McCain, whose father Ginger McCain, 67, trained Red Rum to three Grand National wins - in 1973, 1974 and 1977. Scroll down for more...
aintree3BAS_468x766.jpg
This duo took colour co-ordination to new heights

aintree2BAS_468x332.jpg
A group of pretty punters get into the spirit of things

Some guests abandoned conventional styles and dared to wear edgier numbers

^Wives and girlfriends (WAGS) of soccer players in the UK, as far as I know and some random people I don't recognize.
Alex and Coleen look cute, the others...eep.

The sun may have been shining on the ladies at Aintree yesterday.

But showers of snow, sleet and hail are forecast for the Grand National finale today.

Bookmakers are hoping the conditions don't put a dampener on things - because they are expecting £250million worth of bets on the big race. Scroll down for more...
On parade: The Aintree fashionistas step out in a riot of colourful styles for Ladies Day yesterday

Fashion on the field: There was more colour in the race-goers' dresses than the jockeys' silks

WAGs in residence: Coleen McLoughlin in her short floral number and a monochrome Sheree Murphy arrive at Aintree Ladies' Day

RacegoersMERCPRESS_468x687.jpg
Strong tailwind: One guest has a giggle as a gust blows through

Day 2: WAGs Coleen McLoughlin and Sheree Murphy lead the field at Aintree Ladies' Day | the Daily Mail

sweet jayzus...Im speechless.