Athena tote?

I felt the same way. I got it in brandy and it had a huge discoloration right on the front panel, which was enough to send it back - but I also wasn't crazy about its boxy shape.

Maybe yours will grow on you though :smile:

I had the brandy and the panels were very mismatched... sent it for an exchange and the replacement was worse... finally exchanged it for a black, and the leather on that one is gorgeous. What I like about the bag is that it's a perfect work tote without being conservative - it's kinda funky/fun, seems like it can fit a lot, and the lining is gorgeous. I also like the thinnish straps although I know some don't - they work well on my small shoulders. Hope yours does grow on you!

Hi, that is funny that two of you had discoloration. So does mine, it is a small area on the back of the strap that is on the side, the strap that cinches it up a little. So it doesn't show. I got it on the hayden sale recently for $167. :yahoo:I have been trying it on over and over with the coat that I would be wearing it with. The coat is a tweed in mid tone browns, it is fitted and long and has a faux fur trim around the collar that is removable. I got it in New York when I was seeing doctors. No one has anything like it out here and everyone loves it. Since it is a dressier coat, I think the athena is growing on me with it. I have four kids with special medical needs, so I need to fit more than the average person at times in my bag, but I also like to look trendy and classy. This bag doesn't scream old lady to anyone, does it? I like to look a little edgy, not old.:coolio:

Thanks guys for the replies. I feel much better now. I am used to getting a lot of raves about my purses when I go out, which is pretty fun. I love spreading the word about hayden and kooba. People around here are caught up in kathy van zeeland and dooney. I do not collect those now and probably never will.

My lovely Athena tote came this evening. Thank you Mr. UPS man for running through the rain even when one of the dogs was a jerk to you yesterday when you also ran through the rain!

She's just beautiful! As far as I can tell all the leather matches as perfectly as possible. Hmmm, is that a little 1/4" ink mark on the bottom, it feels sort of odd though, a bit wet? Oh wait! One of the dogs was admiring it too and got a nose track on it, never mind. It is perfect!

Would have been nice to have a dust bag too but for the price I'm fine, I can make her her very own little sleeper. Wonder what the hubs is going to say when I tell him he's sleeping on the floor with the dogs tonight so Athena can have his pillow??

I just love your enthusiasm.:yahoo: My athena came with it's sleeper ( thank goodness). When my bags aren't in use, they are tucked away in their sleepers on the purse shelving my husband made me. At first I wasn't sure about it, but it has grown on me. I love hayden, but I'm not too sure about some of the fall collection. What do you gals think?

I love hayden, but I'm not too sure about some of the fall collection. What do you gals think?

You're not alone but it's been voiced across several threads so it's hard to point you in one direction. On the other hand, the Fall collection does have its fans here.

Personally, I do like the look of the grape leather but don't care for the new bags.

I am glad you like your Athena! I got one in black and ended up loving it so much that I got another in Brandy! I love them both so much and use them a lot. I don't feel frumpy at all. I also added a chain charm to the black one for a pop of colour and an Acorn or a Mushroom to the Brandy (Can't remember which at the moment) to give it a bit of fun. I love the stud detailing on the front and think it makes it anything BUT an old lady bag :biggrin: