Athena tote questions

jenbur

Nov 9, 2010
I really like the look of the athena tote and I trying to decide between this and another brand's tote. I have searched for pics of it being worn and cannot find any (the athena sac or sandals yes...the tote, no). Do any of you have pics of it in action? Are the narrow straps comfy (yes, I realize this is subjective)? Does it wear like a large bag? I don't need to carry files or a laptop in it...is it more suited for that purpose or is it fine as a purse? Thanks in advance!

Okay, I had an Athena for a short period of time, and I loved the little details on the bag. It was definitely well made and had TDF interior, but I had a hard time with the narrow straps of there was a lot in the bag. I tried an Athena sac, and it was not as big, but the straps on it were more uncomfortable to me due to the drop in the bag and the way the weight was distributed. I def wished I still had the tote after I rehomed the sac (it was too uncomfortable to wear). It's def a looker...

No action pics but I found these on my comp. When I'm interested in a bag I devour all the pics I can find so maybe you'll be interested! I sold the bag unused but it seemed like a casual-classy-rugged mix to me, and was not especially oversized. I really liked it, and loved the brandy leather, but I had/have too many brown bags.

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 281
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 312
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 278
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 280
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 278
No action pics but I found these on my comp. When I'm interested in a bag I devour all the pics I can find so maybe you'll be interested! I sold the bag unused but it seemed like a casual-classy-rugged mix to me, and was not especially oversized. I really liked it, and loved the brandy leather, but I had/have too many brown bags.
These are such gorgeous shots pae. You always make me want bags I never really thought about before. Or if I did, it wasn't thought of so seriously!!:P

Pae - love your pic taking/bag posing skillz!
Ditto.

I will now refer to you as, 'The Bag Poser'!!!:lol::P

These are such gorgeous shots pae. You always make me want bags I never really thought about before. Or if I did, it wasn't thought of so seriously!!:P

I know! All of pae's shots are so pretty they make me want things too. Must remind self kitties would not appreciate a Yoji no matter how adorable he is.

Great pics, especially for the color reference. And for making me think I should consider this WAY more seriously than I already am.:graucho: darn that bag poser...so talented! ;) But I'm still worried about the narrow straps. I don't carry that much on a day to day basis, so maybe I'd be fine. But the fact that 2 of you that responded rehomed Athena does cause some concern, even if it was the overabundance of brown bags....sigh...

Oh! I forgot to ask, from what you remember when you did have athena living at your homes, did it lay nicely against your side (like get all slouchy in the base)? Or was it a more structured base that stood out when worn? thanks again!

My sister had the Sac and while she loved it, found that the segmented strap got tangled in her (long) hair. It caught on the rivets, I think. Thought she had some mod shots--will try to find them.

ETA I know these are of the Sac, not the tote, but figured they couldn't hurt. Here's Mib posing with her Sac:
http://forum.purseblog.com/hayden-h...ping-chat-thread-525364-236.html#post14481691

And here's Bonnie's thread about her Sac:
http://forum.purseblog.com/hayden-harnett/the-goddess-has-arrived-428906.html

And that little research dig made me so sad to see all the gals who aren't here on the forum anymore! cceile, mslizardo (who passed away, I think), fafnir, and my sis...

Last edited:
My sister had the Sac and while she loved it, found that the segmented strap got tangled in her (long) hair. It caught on the rivets, I think. Thought she had some mod shots--will try to find them.

ETA I know these are of the Sac, not the tote, but figured they couldn't hurt. Here's Mib posing with her Sac:
http://forum.purseblog.com/hayden-h...ping-chat-thread-525364-236.html#post14481691

And here's Bonnie's thread about her Sac:
http://forum.purseblog.com/hayden-harnett/the-goddess-has-arrived-428906.html

And that little research dig made me so sad to see all the gals who aren't here on the forum anymore! cceile, mslizardo (who passed away, I think), fafnir, and my sis...

thank you! idk why those didn't come up when I searched athena... I must have just done tote maybe? idk... anyway, if the tote is similar in size to the sac, then it's probably too much bag for my needs anyway. Although Mib is much tinier than I could ever hope to be!:smile: