atelier.naff

Obviously you are not going to find the inaccuracies unless you are more educated then the author in regards to Balenciaga. I know for a fact that the colors and production dates have been known to be inaccurate. And for a while certain colors were being called incorrect names.

I'm sure the owner of the site does the best she can. However she's getting her information from different sources which leads to inconsistencies.

It's a great resource no matter what the SA says. I consider it my bible for balenciaga as well! And just like any other websites, there are bound to be a few mistakes (just check out the descriptions on NM's website some time- whoa).

I just hope that whoever created that website knows how valued it is and how much we love her for it!

style101 said:
Agree. I've had issues with BalNY claiming not to know things and when called on it, they'll admit that they've been told to sell the current stock first.

In any event, I take everything they say with a grain of salt - every SA there has given me misinformation at one time or another. It's a shame that we have nowhere else to go for more complete information - you'd assume that the only Bal boutique in the US would know everything, but you'd be wrong. Ateliernaff has been a huge help to anyone who's read it. Its info is probably not exhaustive (what could be?), but I've never seen any material inaccuracies either.

Exactly. The SA's there do not know everything.
Their number one priority is to sell the the current stock and they offer very little help of answering questions or going above and beyond mediocrity to give great CS to their customers.

Ateliernaff is a great resource to all of us and is very much appreciated! Balenciaga should be thanking LP for all of her help to would be Balenciaga buyers and current ones gratis.

Ateliernaff is a great source, especially for new buyers - they can get the majority of the information needed to learn about authentic Balenciaga, without it - most potential newcomers to Balenciaga wouldn't have a resource to gather information to come to a conclusion about a bag.

The majority of the information has been passed down from members of tfs & other forums, as well as other sources --- I know there is a note on there.. let me see if I can find it:
"This info comes from a variety of sources, and while I've checked it twice (at least), I can't assert that it's either complete or 100% accurate. Please email me if you find errors or can fill in a blank. If you bought your bag from an authorized retailer, and it doesn't match what you see here, please let me know...but don't freak out about your bag!!"

I called Bal NY after seeing the grey-blue swatch on Ateliernaff's site and the SAs had NO idea about the new colors, but in time we discovered that they were legit. I think the SAs didn't like us having the info before they did, because it put them in an awkward position. But the site is tremendously helpful! And she does have a disclaimer "just in case" so let's enjoy the site and be thankful that we have such a great resource!

Hi everyone - just noticed this thread and thought I should chime in.

YES it is true that there are inaccuracies on ateliernaff, and it's certainly not exhaustive! For example, just yesterday Varsha (thank you, V!) gave me a correction about the season for the khaki color (f/w 04 instead of s/s 04 - which I haven't yet changed on the blog, but will this weekend).

I don't have an inside source at Balenciaga, or have Nicholas Ghesquiere on my speed-dial - a lot of people have contributed information over time, and I do what I can to verify details before I publish them - but occasionally it comes down to a "best guess". I desperately want people who notice inaccuracies to let me know!

When I get things like swatches and pre-release photos and line lists - I publish them, if I think they're legit. The information is floating around the web, I just try to park it in one location so it's easy to refer to.

It's a hobby for me. It's fun. When it stops being fun, I'll stop doing it. I have no plans for world domination. ;)

I think your website is awesome (though you know that). Thank you for creating it and putting all the hard to work in maintaining it. btw, I think you have dominated the bbag world, Queen LP.

LouiseyPeasey said:

YES it is true that there are inaccuracies on ateliernaff, and it's certainly not exhaustive! For example, just yesterday Varsha (thank you, V!) gave me a correction about the season for the khaki color (f/w 04 instead of s/s 04 - which I haven't yet changed on the blog, but will this weekend).

I don't have an inside source at Balenciaga, or have Nicholas Ghesquiere on my speed-dial - a lot of people have contributed information over time, and I do what I can to verify details before I publish them - but occasionally it comes down to a "best guess". I desperately want people who notice inaccuracies to let me know!

When I get things like swatches and pre-release photos and line lists - I publish them, if I think they're legit. The information is floating around the web, I just try to park it in one location so it's easy to refer to.

It's a hobby for me. It's fun. When it stops being fun, I'll stop doing it. I have no plans for world domination. ;)

No problem Louisey! And thank *you* for your great SERVICE ORIENTED website (I know it's a hobby for you, but it is very generous how you have shared all that data with all of us....and you don't have to do it.) ...I know I have referred to it time and time again and will do so in the future. you have saved my ass from a fake on many an occasion!:yes: :flowers: There many be little inconsistencies here and there (I found one and Louisey was very receptive and helpful) but that's because many of the bags we find are past season, discontinued, and were not sold in large numbers. It's up those those of us that find these bags to report what we observe about them so the info will be up to date. As it is, I have found the site to be inordinately helpful.

P.S....What I wouldn't do to have Nicholas Ghesquire on my speed dial!

LouiseyPeasey said:

I appreciate your efforts in providing us this information. Before purchasing my first Bbag I visited your website and found the information you provided extremely helpful. I now have four Bbags and have gained a lot of knowledge but I still visit your website for updates. Thanks again.:P

style101 said:
Agree. I've had issues with BalNY claiming not to know things and when called on it, they'll admit that they've been told to sell the current stock first.

In any event, I take everything they say with a grain of salt - every SA there has given me misinformation at one time or another. It's a shame that we have nowhere else to go for more complete information - you'd assume that the only Bal boutique in the US would know everything, but you'd be wrong. Ateliernaff has been a huge help to anyone who's read it. Its info is probably not exhaustive (what could be?), but I've never seen any material inaccuracies either.

I so agree!!!! I would believe Atelier's site before I would jump to believe an SA's. I haven't found SA's (in general) nearly as knowledgeable as a lot of the women and men here at tPF. But then again, most things should be taken with a pound or two of salt too! :flowers: