ATA airline folds leaving passengers stranded

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. my uncle is a pilot with them and he was worried all weekend about the announcement. :sad:

2. So sad. Just saw a woman on the news crying because she was flying to her wedding :sad:

3. Horrible. The airline industry is so unstable right now....with the cost of fuel, security problems, airlines folding, flights cancelled, TSA theives, etc. etc. flying is truly a source of stress for me. :tdown:

4. I am so sad about this. First Aloha Airlines then ATA....it is so sad for all the employees and their families.

5. It's hard to believe that two relatively large airlines are just gone within just a few days of each other.....

6. Call me stupid, but what is ATA airlines? I've never heard of it. Does ATA stand for something?

7. They were a pretty large airline but mostly operated their non-commercial passenger flights in Indiana, Chicago, Hawaii. They did a lot of cargo & military flights. They don't operate out of any airports close to me but I read the news and feel aweful for those passengers who headed to the airport just to find their flights cancelled upon arrival. I can't imagine the stress...