At what point would you consider the reseller route?

Speaking of resellers/preloved bags, has anyone purchased B/K from Vestiaire Collective? I have never purchased items online ( preloved market) and also since it is a lot of money I am anxious about its authenticity. It's a bit funny tho as I sell my unwanted or used items on VC but have never bought any.

Reactions: HJeon and lulilu
reseller as in someone who professionally does so - only Fashionphile, personally. I have yet to buy a bag from a store.

but if you can buy the private route, from someone you can trust, best option in my opinion. lots of ladies that have items sitting in their wardrobe they dont' need and no longer want - best case scenario for both seller and buyer if they know and trust each other.

I am quite picky on both leather and color choice, and I don't have so much money ready for bags. So I tend to go for the reseller route but i keep trying my luck at H stores whenever I am travelling.

reseller as in someone who professionally does so - only Fashionphile, personally. I have yet to buy a bag from a store.

but if you can buy the private route, from someone you can trust, best option in my opinion. lots of ladies that have items sitting in their wardrobe they dont' need and no longer want - best case scenario for both seller and buyer if they know and trust each other.
I think if you can find someone you trust is definitely the best option, but not easy.
Someone like, say Docride, who understands leather would be a safe bet with vintage box or barenia.
Otherwise, it is hugely problematic buying second hand, the secondary market is full of fakes.

I think if you can find someone you trust is definitely the best option, but not easy.
Someone like, say Docride, who understands leather would be a safe bet with vintage box or barenia.
Otherwise, it is hugely problematic buying second hand, the secondary market is full of fakes.

very, very true! I have paid my dues and made some bad choices for sure - but my truly expensive bags I bought from people I can definitely 100% trust (not resellers, just people selling items from their own collections)

I'm a Kelly girl so I prefer vintage bags to many of the newer ones with the exception of certain colors & skins
& I deal with resellers & privates that I have maintained a relationship with.
But whatever route one would take, it is really important to have the bag authenticated.
There are stories where friends sell bags to friends & if the bag is taken in for a 'spa" the news is not always
what's expected.

I was considering to purchase a resale kelly from online reseller. There seems to be many more things to consider compared to a birkin, which is a more straightforward bag to me. I had to look at the strap, the clasps, the handle. In the end I gave up cos the handle looked slightly crooked in the photos, probably from the way the original owner had carried it.

Reactions: loves
Hi,

I'm new to the forum but have loved the Hermes brand for years. Finally purchased my first bag from the website last month. I do not live in a city that has an Hermes location. The closest is about 4 hours away. Would love to own a Birkin eventually, but how to go about it. Will it help to build up a shopping history online and then eventually just email them with my wish? Your guidance is very much appreciated as there are many experienced members here. Pls advise and I apologize if I have posted in an incorrect thread.

Hi,

I'm new to the forum but have loved the Hermes brand for years. Finally purchased my first bag from the website last month. I do not live in a city that has an Hermes location. The closest is about 4 hours away. Would love to own a Birkin eventually, but how to go about it. Will it help to build up a shopping history online and then eventually just email them with my wish? Your guidance is very much appreciated as there are many experienced members here. Pls advise and I apologize if I have posted in an incorrect thread.
Hello, an online history will not help you in getting an offer for a quota bag. I would recommend that you travel to a Hermes store 2-3 times per year and work with the same SA there. Let them know that you are not local and will be making your purchases x times per year. You could choose the store closest to you or one in a place where you take frequent vacations and save all of your purchases as much as possible for those visits, using the same SA. Of course these days, some boutiques will ship certain items to you. (You may also want to read up on the difference between purchasing items already present in the store/or items that are on your wishlist for when they do come into the store vs items transferred from other stores). The other options are to go the reseller route, per the thread you posted in, or to try your luck in Paris when travel opens up again.

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
Hello, an online history will not help you in getting an offer for a quota bag. I would recommend that you travel to a Hermes store 2-3 times per year and work with the same SA there. Let them know that you are not local and will be making your purchases x times per year. You could choose the store closest to you or one in a place where you take frequent vacations and save all of your purchases as much as possible for those visits, using the same SA. Of course these days, some boutiques will ship certain items to you. (You may also want to read up on the difference between purchasing items already present in the store/or items that are on your wishlist for when they do come into the store vs items transferred from other stores). The other options are to go the reseller route, per the thread you posted in, or to try your luck in Paris when travel opens up again.
Thanks so much for you prompt response :0

Reactions: nicole0612
Thanks so much for you prompt response :0
I found the link to the thread I mentioned.

Reactions: jsvir
I love many things Hermes so, on the one hand, have no problem spending while waiting. On the other hand, I absolutely loathe the whole game.

I love exotics and what you have to go through at Hermes is so exhausting! I’ve honestly taken a load of money to LV who does some stunning exotics and will also make you nearly anything you want without all the games.

In theory, I have no issue with resellers and wouldn’t mind paying the markup. But the super fakes out there are absolutely insane and I’m too scared that I’ll end up paying $20K on a fake. Many of the major online resellers have come under fire for selling fakes and while there are services out there, none offer any type of guarantee due to the nature of the work. At the end of the day, I’m just not willing to take the chance.

Reactions: Lavendera