At what BMI do you think someone's too thin/unhealthy?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

At what BMI do you think someone's too thin/unhealthy?

1. 17 or lower

2. 18

3. 19

4. 20

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. At what BMI do you think someone's too thin/unhealthy?

I personally believe I look best at BMI 19 but some people say it's too skinny. Any thoughts?

2. I think it varies. If I get to the lower half of the normal range, I start to look too skinny. I have a large frame and a lot of muscle. (I don't remember the BMI number.)

3. BMI is deceptive, body fat percentage is a much better indicator or shape and health.

4. +1 BMI isn't a great indication, for example someone that works out will not be in the "optimal range" for their height because they weigh heavier due to have more muscle mass.

5. I assume we're talking about females? IMO men can get away with a lower BMI than a female.

6. this is far too individual a question really. i've never looked too thin (except according to my mother :P ) and my bmi is around 20. my brother looks gaunt at bmi 23 because he loses weight in his face really easily even though he doesn't otherwise look too thin :shrugs: so he likes to keep a bit more weight on. we both have fairly substantial bones, lower body especially, so someone with a finer build can definitely get away with weighing less. bmi isn't really the best indicator at all :-s