At what age should you be carrying a kelly?

^^ I love that photo, beaumonde. (and definitely crossed over to the dark side because of shopmom's photos!)

JuniorMints, I think the Kelly is a glorious prop in one's overall look and can be dressed up or down, and what kind of spin it puts on the look depends on the wearer! Enjoy your Kelly if you get one - it's a fashionista's friend for life!

Yes, yes! It's because of shopmom's lovely Kellys that make me want to own one too!!! The style is really growing on me.

I think if your concern is not being able to carry the Kelly off well, I think in your mind is the visual of a black box calf. If you go for colours that pop, or colours that are less mature/stern + choosing palladium instead of gold hardware + choosing souple instead of rigide, you will have a very nice 'casual' and fun Kelly.

Am I making sense???

Venezia, do you use yours much?

I wear my Kelly a lot and in many different situations. Grocery store, walking around town, dining, visiting friends, etc.

About the only place I don't is on sales calls. Most of my customers work in not-for-profit organizations and aren't well paid. It used to be that the Kelly and Birkin were less well known and people weren't so familiar with Hermes. I didn't have to worry whether or not someone might be feel bad about not being able to afford Hermes. It doesn't matter that I've worked hard to be in a position to afford Hermes, I still feel I need to be sensitive.

Funny I started buying bags this year and I'm in my early 30's. I wanted to look a little more put together but spend big money only on bags I can wear for life. So now I have two Hermes bags a Kelly an a Piano bag.

I think that a Kelly can be pulled off at any time it just needs to go with the outfit also sellier vs retourne prob makes a difference too.

I just turned 33, and I’m ordering my Kelly today. I say if you love it, go for it. I was tired of chasing the next ‘it’ bag just for it to look tired after a few years (tired like an overplayed pop song, not tired in regards to quality). I felt like I was throwing my money away on IT bags from lower end designers like Chloë and jumped to H bags because they are classic, don’t flaunt logos, and have much more staying power.

Besides H makes so many gorgeous colors. You can always pick a more fun casual tone to work with. Not to mention the classic choices like black, gold, etoupe even orange can pretty much go with anything! Sellier style can also be casual, all depends on the wearer.

If there’s only one tip, wear H item with full confidence. Then you’ll never do wrong.