At what age is it allowed to get a driving license???

USA: around 16 (depends on where you live) - unless you have a hardship, and then you can start with 14 or 15 depending on your situation.

Germany: 18 - unless you have a hardship, and then you start with 17.

16 in california, 15 with learner permit.

my niece is too darn lazy to deal with all the restrictions..so she's waiting until she is 18. i couldn't imagine that...i was at the dmv on my 16th birthday.

In Wisconsin, you can get your learner's permit at 15 1/2, but you can't actually get your license until you are 16. When you have your permit, you are only allowed to drive with an adult at least 25 years of age who had a valid driver's license at least 5 years. When you get your license at 16, you will be in the "graduated license" program. For the first few months, you still can only drive with an adult who meets the requirements mentioned above for accompanying a person with a learner's permit. After that, there are restrictions on what hours you can drive and how many friends you can have in the car. If you get your license after you have turned 18, none of the graduated license rules apply. They only apply to 16 and 17 year olds.