At what age did you get married?

Don't let age or Asian parents push you. I'm Asian too and my parents wanted me married before I was 25. They didn't get their wish.:lol: I got married just before my 31st birthday to a guy I "met" online in 98. I was ready to be single but happy don't make a mistake of getting married for the sake of getting married. By the way, we have been married for 6 years now.:yes:

This is really strange because my Mom does NOT want me to get married and I'm Asian ... She keeps telling me that nobody would want to marry me ... I'm in my 20s as well. The only people who even mentions marriage to me are my friends, but that's mainly because they know my SO and I have been going out for quite sometime. Honestly, do NOT get married if you're not ready. This is something that will affect the rest of your life and it involves two people. Definitely make sure it's what you want to do beacuse this is too big of a commitment to be unsure about. Good luck!!:flowers:

chag said:
For some strange reason I feel like I'm the oldest and have been married the longest around here...

You're not the oldest: say hello to 50 here(well 51 on Thursday).:yahoo:

Got married to husband #1 at age 26, husband #2 at age 40. Eight years of marriage to #1, 10 years and still counting with #2......until he sees the new Prada I ordered!! :busted:

eastern_jewel said:
Wow... So many happy married couples on TPF.:love: I'm so happy for everyone.

It makes me realize that after 4 years and still having doubts about my own relationship really puts a strain on me. The whole marriage thing is still pretty scary and because of that, I'm in no desire to rush into it with my current SO.

I really have to re-evaluate everything....

See... during our 4 years of dating, we never even talked about marriage seriously at all. He totally caught me off guard with the whole purposal thing, I think he sense that he was losing me (that i was drifting away). I guess, I just thought it was strange that out of nowhere, he would pop the question.

Thanks everyone for sharing all your lovely stories/memories. They are all truly touching.:tender:

Lets keep them coming... I love hearing about all the love stories that everyone has with their DH.:heart:

with each passing day hopefully you will get to know and love each other more. its not easy and at times requires alot of work. there will continue to be good times and not so good times. but with a strong bond you can overcome anything.

I'm not married yet and I'm 25. I've been w/my bf for 6 1/2 years and still feel that I'm not ready. I mean I do know that he's the one and he feels the same way but b/c we live in different states and still trying to figure out what to do w/ our jobs since we're trying to work near each other I don't think there is any pressure for us to get married soon.

I don't think age should the the main reason to get married, even though your parents are giving you pressure. They are from a different generation. What matters is what you are ready to do, based on your own pace and what is going on in your life.

Personally I think if I had married any of my ex-boyfriends when I was younger I would have felt even more pressure to keep the marriage happy and healthy while I grew and learned who I was. Now, my DH and I are at a place where we feel completely at ease with who we are individually and as partners.

I got married at 22 but we were together for 4 years and we also lived together before that. Both of our parents are asian so I can relate to the pressure of "when are you going to get married?" but once you get married they start asking "when are the babies coming?". Take your time and enjoy your life!

I was 23 years old. I wanted to graduate from college and have a stable job before making the big decision. We've been married for 6 years now. I guess you know my age by now:tender: .

devoted7