At the risk of sounding like a complete Chloe NEWBIE...

Thank you so much ladies for the replies! All of you are so helpful and I do appreciate it! :heart:

I am having a little trouble understanding how the bag actually opens and closes. I have never touched a Paddington IRL so hence the ignorance. Please be patient with me... :shame:

Can you please post pics of how the bag opens and closes? I think that would really help me understand how this "protecting the lock" thing works. :yes:

DH is hoping that I am not to get started on Chloe - my other obsessions are taking their toll on him! :lol:

Sorry can't post pics until monday with hubby around it's always a bid tricky to take bag pics:rolleyes: !
But I think you should really find a way to go to a shop and try one on before you dive into the adventure. I just love them but they really are way havier than Balenciaga and also than LV so I think trying it on first is always the best thing. I personally don't mind the weight but I know that a lot of others do so...justmho.;)

It is sort of if you walk around Aix (I am in the south) or even "worst" Paris you hardly see anybody shoulder carry anymore "everybody" is carrying in the crook of their arm. It's just a fashion, now being a mom of three with a 15 month old I tend to privilige comfort. So I just go with whatever works best for me in the given moment :yes: .

Interesting! :biggrin:

It's definitely not like that over here. We love our slouchy shoulderbags. :yes:

The whole ladylike, crook of the arm thing seems to have died a bit of a death (maybe because of Mrs Thatcher!)!

Okay, I looked at a bunch of pics and I understand how Paddys open and close and what you mean about the lock. Thanks everyone for your patience!

I am considering it... even with the weight...

Okay, I looked at a bunch of pics and I understand how Paddys open and close and what you mean about the lock. Thanks everyone for your patience!

I am considering it... even with the weight...

Yay:yahoo: start the Paddy hunt!!:graucho:
I find that if I put the same load of stuff into my MJ Stella or Blake, paddy still seems to be more comfortable to carry. Go for it!!:yes:

Wow, i'm awful... I never wear them with the locks, I'm afraid of the extra weight and knocking it on something...they're in my jewelry box. LOL!

Do you guys think I can fit all my daily stuff inside? TIA!

Here's a pic of what I carry...

attachment.php

Attachments

• p28.jpg
    p28.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 58
I think it'll fit, Addy, although it will be a little bit full. I actually downsized from a larger LV cosmetique (the big 1/2-moon shaped cosmetics bag) to a wapity so it would fit into my Paddy better. (Besides, it was a great excuse to finally buy a wapity!;)) Your wallet looks smaller than the huge LV zippy I haul around, so that's a good thing. I also stuff in a glasses case, a sunglasses case, keys, palm device, an LV pochette for credit cards and receipts, and my cellphone. (Did I miss anything?)

As for how heavy it is, I thought my arm would break from the weight of my first Paddy. I carried it for about 3 weeks and couldn't stand it. The bag was beautiful, but the weight drove me crazy, and so I sold it.

But, I couldn't stay away from the idea of the Paddy, and I realized that my first one, although beautiful, was not such a great color for me. So, I re-joined the Chloe threads here, did my research, and bought myself a second Paddy, in a color that I love. And guess what? When the color of the bag makes you happy? It doesn't weigh so much!

If you're worried about the weight but love the look of the Paddy you could get one of the new ones that has the smaller padlock on the front (so it doesn't interfere with opening/closing of the bag). I've got mine coming from NY tomorrow. Yay!! I couldn't decide which color (bronze or gold) so I had them send me both.

:nuts:

I think it'll fit, Addy, although it will be a little bit full. I actually downsized from a larger LV cosmetique (the big 1/2-moon shaped cosmetics bag) to a wapity so it would fit into my Paddy better. (Besides, it was a great excuse to finally buy a wapity!;)) Your wallet looks smaller than the huge LV zippy I haul around, so that's a good thing. I also stuff in a glasses case, a sunglasses case, keys, palm device, an LV pochette for credit cards and receipts, and my cellphone. (Did I miss anything?)

As for how heavy it is, I thought my arm would break from the weight of my first Paddy. I carried it for about 3 weeks and couldn't stand it. The bag was beautiful, but the weight drove me crazy, and so I sold it.

But, I couldn't stay away from the idea of the Paddy, and I realized that my first one, although beautiful, was not such a great color for me. So, I re-joined the Chloe threads here, did my research, and bought myself a second Paddy, in a color that I love. And guess what? When the color of the bag makes you happy? It doesn't weigh so much!

Thank you for that! :heart:

If you're worried about the weight but love the look of the Paddy you could get one of the new ones that has the smaller padlock on the front (so it doesn't interfere with opening/closing of the bag). I've got mine coming from NY tomorrow. Yay!! I couldn't decide which color (bronze or gold) so I had them send me both.

:nuts:

Congrats! :yahoo: Get them both! :graucho: