at the risk of souding bsd.. why is all so extreme...

I plan to get more.. sorry. love all Hermes, in all it's incarnations. why does everyone feel you need just one or so? enjoy a life time of Hermes products.... it may take 30 - 40 years, what is the hurry? love the brand , collect what it creates, relax and be happy!

I can't stop at just one! Thought I could...I was wrong :shame:
I play with mine every day!!!! :lol:

I love so many other things besides Hermes. Like Furniture, Silver, and other decorative arts. I want a few more Hermes things, but you can buy a lot of nice things for the home with several thousand dollars. I am much more obsessed with the decorative arts in general, than say, just handbags. I love magazines on decorating, also. Then there is Art.

I have an older condo that needs a lot of remodeling, so when I have extra money it will most likely go towards that.

I also really want to go to Italy.

Those who have everything else, and can spend their money on Hermes, are lucky indeed.

I decided to organize my closets, and took out all of my pretty handbags, dusted them, admired them, and I am trying to be happy about what I already own.

For awhile.

:smile:

I love these comments, style is individual , and I think to be honest some people are just born with it naturally, a brand does not create a head turning sense of style when you walk along a street and someones persona just smacks of style, often there not draped in a brand. They just have that magical thing called presence. maybe the way they walk,smile, smoke a cig.

I like eclectic mix of things, I also love art, antiques , and would not get too much pleasure from a whole lot of one brand ( my budget would not allow that anyhow) and I would not want it for me personally

I love avandone avator and keep wanting to know who is it?/
ok of to see the sandman its horribly late in the UK

night nighty

The more the merrier...give me one....give me ten.......give me a thousand!!!!

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss!!!

Many people say they want just one if their finances are not upto par, usually....

While I one day hope to have an expansive Hermes collection (from just a couple peices at the moment), I think variety is essential. Many people will buy a lot of something they love until they get to the saturation point and feel that they need to lineate their collection by reducing the number of duplicates they own. Does a person really need a dozen neutral Birkins, a dozen wallets, or 100+ scarves? Their similarity or sheer number will eventually overwhelm you- whether they be Balenciaga motorcycle bags, monogramed LVs, or Fendi Spys. It doesn't mean you have to stop buying bags or cease shopping at the brand you love, but rather that you just want more diversity.

One day I too hope to have an extensive H collection. My thread about "If you could have one Birkin" is just because I've only been out of college a couple of years, my funds are very limited and if I have the chance to get one I know it'll be the only one I have for a very long time! So it's a big deal to me :yes:

I'm all about waiting...I'm dreaming of a 30 black box birkin....I think that's a big part of H...It would be boring if we could exactly what we want when we want it...It's the hunt Baby!

I agree with Ardneish. I think when one gets too much of one thing, it sort of diminishes it. I am an interior designer and I see houses where women have bought just about everything that Herend makes and the house ends up with no individuality at all. I love Hermes bags and if my budget allowed, I might well have 3-4 in different styles and colors. I'd love to have a black croc Constance, a Bolide in Vert Anis and maybe a black box Kelly SO with a rouge lining. But I don't want everything this brand makes. For me, it would no longer be special.

I LOVE jewelry and almost always buy estate pieces as I want something that isn't on every woman in the room. I have never had any interest in jewelry that is mass-produced, regardless of the brand or the quality.

I also love antiques, beautiful fabrics (I ADORE Fortuny in small doses!), travel, my garden, driving a luxury car - LOTS of things to spend my money on and I haven't even started on buying things for my children and grandchildren.

My taste has always been eclectic and I have always strived to have my own personal style in all aspects of my life. I don't want to look like page 32 in a catalog of luxury items.

love you avan !! and to quote myself

for me it is also "one more.."
the "problem with collecting in general is. there is no exit-bag/jewel/painting/watch etc as simply there is no "the ultimate or the best " you can be happy and content with what you have love each and every item thinking "that´s it i have everything" and then out of the blue H(or whatever you desire ) comes out with a new style or a new color or a new fantastic leather. so since we are collectors not just women who need a bag to put our stuff in we will give in and buy and the story goes on and on and on happily ever after . realistically a women needs what 2 bags or three(not even to speak of the same model different leathers colors) or how many cars or watches needs a guy ? there lies the diferrence between collectors - aficionados and people who are focused on / interested in other things and are happy with one bag/car etc and that is not a problem at all as every and each person has her vice be it travelling or art or whatever and as long there is no harm done or one acts financially irresponsible i see nothing wrong with it
so now excuse me got to go pick up a new bag

I've always bought a lot of bags (3 balenciaga or LV per month= 2-3K)...

But I've decided to be a good girl : from now it will be one "Big Orange Box" (and few small ones to help for being patient) per year !!
This way I will save a lot ;)

Im on a mission to get one Hermes bag and one only...I love logos too much to stop my other addiction. The good news about that is my husband will have no idea what a Hermes is...so if Im lucky enough to find my dream Hermes...well, he will think...I spent less. All I have to say to tht is...whatever works for me.

Im on a mission to get one Hermes bag and one only...I love logos too much to stop my other addiction. The good news about that is my husband will have no idea what a Hermes is...so if Im lucky enough to find my dream Hermes...well, he will think...I spent less. All I have to say to tht is...whatever works for me.

Oh Sunshine- I will keep my fingers crossed that you find your grail bag. May I ask what it is?