At the end of the Day!

LilahBelle

being marc jacobs
O.G.
Oct 16, 2009
OK, first off a confession :shame: - I used to not like Balenciaga. Not just I wasn't interested in the brand but I actually didn't like the look of the bags, and I thought they were, well, boring. To be honest I never really looked into them that much apart from glimpses of pictures on various websites and celebrities carrying them, but they never appealed to me.

So anyway I was doing some decluttering in my house and getting rid of old handbags and doing a bit of an inventory on what I had. I wanted to get a replacement for this hobo/shoulder style bag I had, so I started to look into my various options. I knew that I wouldn't find anything in the style I was after in Marc Jacobs (my true handbag love), so I had to explore other options.

After looking at some various brands, I thought I'd check out the Bal forums, despite my disinterest in the past. All of a sudden it was like a switch in my brain flicked :idea:, and I actually thought, hey I do actually like the look of these bbags! After going through many threads on here, especially the photo ones, that was what really changed my mind. I think it was the giant hardware - most of the pictures I had seen in the past were regular hardware, but it was the giant hardware that captured me.

After looking at the various styles available, I discovered the Day, which was exactly the style of bag I was after. I got in contact with Anna at Bal London, and they had the Day in GGH, in Charbon - I also happened to be looking for a chocolate brown bag, so it was like a match made in heaven. :love:

So now I am having a love affair with Balenciaga :graucho: (sorry Marc), and I present to you my GGH Day in Charbon! :yahoo:

My first bbag box!
P1020455.jpg

Nearly there...
P1020458-1.jpg

Here it is!
P1020459-1.jpg

Hardware close-up
P1020460-1.jpg

Filled with some items
P1020466-1.jpg

In natural light (it was cloudy outside however)
P1020475-1.jpg

With flash
P1020476-1.jpg

And my love affair continues, I admit I even like the look of RH bags now, and I have a RH bbag on it's way to me arriving next week, so stay tuned for my reveal then!!

lilarbelle What a gorgeous purchase!!! BIG CONGRATS! I love The day style with giant Hard ware over regular one too. This colour combo is very very beautiful!!!

That bag is beautiful and I am so happy you found a bbag that you love! I have always thought the deep brown Charbon color mixed with GGH was one of the best. I envy that gorgeous bag, congrats!!

Wear it in good health.