Status
Not open for further replies.

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
Title says it all.

I am seriously at my wit's end w/ this forum. I've never posted anything like this before and am a little shocked that I'm even doing it. . .
please, DO NOT PM me and ask me if I'm referring to you:tdown:

The people making this forum miserable know who they are and it HAS TO STOP NOW.

I am not taking names and points, but I'm getting painfully tired of begging you guys to add the people who bother you to your IGNORE USER list.
This forum is new and it requires more babysitting than any other forum on tPF now. Take it to PM or please, we're begging you stop posting.
This is not an honor, it's actually ruining everyone else's experience here and that's selfish.

I'm flagging Vlad and thikning about asking him to shut it down in here for a while.

Get yourselves together guys, this is the I N T E R N E T. Please, get some perspective and stop following people around making passive aggressive comments. Everyone can see it plainly and I am getting my Inbox filled everyday w/ complaints.

I am with Swanky on this one and completely understand her frustration.

If individuals in the BE community can not manage to stay out of each other's hair, I'll just toss this forum, move the threads back to H&P and call it a day.

I am bumping this to add my thoughts. I received about 20 PM's while in Spain about this sub forum. Really, I have not had the chance to look them over yet, which I will do this week. But I find it really disheartening and frustrating that adding a subforum for a newer brand, which is trying to grow its name and which so many of you asked for, can cause so many issues. This subforum has had the MOST issues of any on the entire board in the past month.

I realize that everyone wants to voice their opinions online. That is fine and we are open to that. But it gets to be over the top when your opinion brings down the feel of the ENTIRE subforum. When people decide to leave the board because a few members can bring everyone else down. And it is not just the negative. The bickering back and forth between those that do not agree with one another also brings the board down. We have the ignore feature. Use it. Please use it.

The best way to deal with a nuisance is to ignore them. Some people crave drama in their lives. They look for it and want it. What they want most is for you to get worked up and respond to it, ignore it. Ignore those that bother you. Ignore the comments that you do not like. Rather just REPORT them, but do not respond to them. People will get the picture and people will chill. If people do not chill, we will ban them, because this is becoming way too much work for a forum that has countless other sub forums that we need to attend to.

The fact that Vlad and one of our longtime global Mods, Swanky, has suggested to shut this sub forum down to cool off is really a big deal. Both of these people hardly EVER suggest that. I mean it. They typically both want the groups to work themselves out. So really, this is nothing to take lightly.

From now on, the tone and way of this sub forum needs to change. If you do not like what you see or hear, let us know by reporting it. The bickering and drama needs to end. This is a brand many of you love - I want to see the sub forum stay here. So please, let's stop all the drama and move on.

Thanks everyone who has been trying to do this from the start!

Well I'm pretty fed up with it all - it's like walking on eggshells. Just when you think it's OK something else happens.

I wouldn't want the forum to go either. I like shallow obsessing about BE bags!

Last edited:
I've had numerous PMs thanking me for speaking up.
People are tired of walking on eggshells.

If you have a problem w/ the quality of a BE - POST ABOUT IT.
You are completely free to do so here.
Girls, if you don't like reading something negative about your beloved BE, look the other way.
There WILL be unhappy customers from time to time, it's called NORMAL.

Go look in Chanel right now, it's my passion, like BE is your's.
At any given time there is at least one or 2 complaints threads on the 1st page.
Do you see me or other Chanel passionista's jumping down anyone's throat for having a differing opinion than me on Chanel's quality or throwing our bodies in from of Coco Chanel or Karl Lagerfeld to protect them?
Getting hyper defensive about this only makes the people you disagree with speak louder. Do you see the nasty circle this starts?

Respectfully, back off.
PERIOD.

And please start some new light hearted threads and start lifting others up, not tearing them down.
Enjoy tPF for what it is, chatting w/ 115,00 of your closest friends:tender:

Last edited:
I've had numerous PMs thanking me for speaking up.
People are tired of walking on eggshells.

If you have a problem w/ the quality of a BE - POST ABOUT IT.
You are completely free to do so here.
Girls, if you don't like reading something negative about your beloved BE, look the other way.
There WILL be unhappy customers from time to time, it's called NORMAL.

Go look in Chanel right now, it's my passion, like BE is your's.
At any given time there is at least one or 2 complaints threads on the 1st page.
Do you see me or other Chanel passionista's jumping down anyone's throat for having a differing opinion than me on Chanel's quality or throwing our bodies in from of Coco Chanel or Karl Lagerfeld to protect them?
Getting hyper defensive about this only makes the people you disagree with speak louder. Do you see the nasty circle this starts?

Respectfully, back off.
PERIOD.

And please start some new light hearted threads and start lifting others up, not tearing them down.
Enjoy tPF for what it is, chatting w/ 115,00 of your closest friends:tender:

GREAT post SMo3, and very funny imagery I might lightheartedly add!

I have purposely avoided this stuff because, well, I have three small kids and enough drama in my life already!:nuts:

Seriously, I think the only observation I could offer that may help is that some people feel a particularly personal connection with BE because the owner, Jackie Cawtha, has been so helpful and available. Most brands simply don't give you that kind of access to the business owner/designer, and I believe that some people may feel protective of her that goes beyond simply the brand...they see her as a small business woman creating something very unique in an extremely competitive marketplace.

That said, all opinions should be welcome and openly discussed. We are all adults, and I have to say I'm a bit embarrassed that we--as a collective group--are acting more like school children than grown women with full personal and professional lives.

I hope we'll be able to move forward with mutual respect, and yes, ignore those comments that get under your skin. As my mom used to say, "Just because they threw you a line, that doesn't mean you have to take the bait."

I love this forum and the women who spend time here and hope it will be a wonderful experience moving forward!:yes:

I agree w/ all of that:yes:
But people can't be muffled, if 2 people out of 100 aren't happy, let them speak and let's move on:yes:
It's not like they're taking out billboards on America's 20 busiest highways. . . KWIM?
These couple of people per 100 don't go into the threads where people are beaming about their fantastic new purchases and bring them down, so there's no need for the satisfied to go to the unhappy threads and get defensive.
The mob like metality is turning people off though and we're not about to permit this to happen.

Happy place. . . find your happy place :smile:

Last edited:
I have purposely avoided this stuff because, well, I have three small kids and enough drama in my life already!:nuts:

Seriously, I think the only observation I could offer that may help is that some people feel a particularly personal connection with BE because the owner, Jackie Cawtha, has been so helpful and available. Most brands simply don't give you that kind of access to the business owner/designer, and I believe that some people may feel protective of her that goes beyond simply the brand...they see her as a small business woman creating something very unique in an extremely competitive marketplace.

That said, all opinions should be welcome and openly discussed. We are all adults, and I have to say I'm a bit embarrassed that we--as a collective group--are acting more like school children than grown women with full personal and professional lives.

I hope we'll be able to move forward with mutual respect, and yes, ignore those comments that get under your skin. As my mom used to say, "Just because they threw you a line, that doesn't mean you have to take the bait."

I love this forum and the women who spend time here and hope it will be a wonderful experience moving forward!:yes:

Great Post! I agree totally with what you just said along with several others....

Status
Not open for further replies.