At long last, The Slut is nekkid

Apr 18, 2006
I did it. I stripped The Slut (my beloved Rouge Vif CdC Birkin 30) of her protective plastic after 1 1/2 years since I bought her. We've had a discussion recently about protective plastic and whether we leave them on or not. Among many of my purse pals, I'm notorious for being the loser who leaves hers on (only on some bags, thankyouverymuch). The Slut is one of my Holy Grail bags, one that I treasure, whose newness I wanted to savor as long as possible. But it was time and I have proof that I really did it.

Here she is, The Slut sans plastique!

sansplastique.jpg

sansplastiquecloseup.jpg

Thanks, ladies! The more I read the replies to that recent thread, the more ashamed I felt. I was starting to feel really tacky. LOL

Hello, I, uh, have already taken it out (plastic and all)--a few times, in fact. :blush:

oooh la la 24!! She is a beauty! ! But you were using her before, weren't you? Just keeping her 'under wraps'??!!! You know I no longer leave the straps in the keepers to avoid scratching, and 2x this week I have found that one side ends up there!! Naughty strap....

Thanks, ladies! The more I read the replies to that recent thread, the more ashamed I felt. I was starting to feel really tacky. LOL

Hello, I, uh, have already taken it out (plastic and all)--a few times, in fact. :blush:

Don't feel bad, 24! Who can blame you for wanting to keep her 'pure' for as long as possible? But sluts being what they are... ;)

24, so glad you did it.
It saved you from what happened to me.
I got yelled at in a botique by an SA for not taking it off.
The SA reached over and removed all plastic and mentioned that it could and would damage the hw.

Thanks again, everyone! LOL, Ms. Twilly! I am glad I finally did it. No more turning it to the inside while carrying!

Sus, wow, your SA actually did something like that? :wtf: I've seen a bag w/ hardware that has tarnished under the plastic. This particular bag was from Singapore and stored in a room that didn't have its A/C on constantly. I assume the tarnishing was a result of the moisture from the adhesive. I've also seen bags that have had their plastic on for years, with no damage whatsoever.