At a crossroad and in need of advice much....

Yshloo

Feb 27, 2012
Hi darlings,

I am currently at this crossroad whereby I don't know what should I do. I am a bags fanatic and I do not go for a brand in particular although I was sort of incline to Chanel before I took the H road...

Since July, I started my craze with H and was lucky to get myself a Evelyne and a Lindy. So now, I have been thinking if I will ever use my other bags. Would you please share your thoughts? Do you guys still use your non H bags? Is there any bags in the list I should keep?

Huge dilemna as I have this attachment to all my bags... :sweatdrop:

Thank you in advance! :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
I still use my non H bags and I still buy non H bags. Like you I have this attachment with all my bags. Each bag marks a milestone of my life.

Are you wanting to sell some bags in order to fulfill a wish for another bag as far as finances go? If not, I always only sell the bags I'm not using. If you still use these bags & they hold a special place in your heart I wouldn't sell.

Are you wanting to sell some bags in order to fulfill a wish for another bag as far as finances go? If not, I always only sell the bags I'm not using. If you still use these bags & they hold a special place in your heart I wouldn't sell.

Not really selling cos of finances to fulfil another bag. More of becauce I do not use them much. However, because of the attachment for all my bags, I am having second thoughts now. Yet I know I will not used them much in the future as well. Just that Lady Dior is such a pretty classic so aint really sure if I should do it

I know exactly what you are going through. I sold some of the bags i didnt really use anymore (balenciaga, lvs and givenchy). No regrets.

I thought i was done with other brands but just recently i had a need for a small travel bag so i bought a givenchy micro nightingale and i really really love it (mind you, i already have a jypsiere28). So i bought another small bag, a celine nano.

Sell the bags you dont have a need for anymore that way youll have space for new ones may it be hermes or not :smile: goodluck!

Hi! Like you, I have a museum filled with beautiful bags that have not been worn. If you can say with certainty that you will not miss or use a certain bag, then I think it is ok to part with it. I wouldn't yet part with anything that has sentimental value to you. Though I love my H bags, I still incorporate other brands into my wardrobe. I think a balanced collection has room for a variety of brands. Go slowly if you decide to edit your closet. I find that my taste in clothes and bags can go through stages and even if I put something away for a bit, I often return to it later. Good luck deciding!

It's a tough call, I think we go through these periods in our life where we feel like it's time to clean house, but there's always the fear that you'll regret a decision later. I came very close to selling some Chanel bags years ago, because I never (like, ever) used them. They just weren't appropriate for that time in my life. Then a few years ago I pulled one out, realized how fabulous it was and was thankful I didn't get rid of it. If your collection has some classics (Like the Lady Dior) I would store them until later. But some of the trendy "it" bags I'd definitely sell off and use the $$ for buying up some more classics. Best of luck!

Not really selling cos of finances to fulfil another bag. More of becauce I do not use them much. However, because of the attachment for all my bags, I am having second thoughts now. Yet I know I will not used them much in the future as well. Just that Lady Dior is such a pretty classic so aint really sure if I should do it

I think there's a big difference between not using a bag much, and not using it at all. Your Lady Dior may be like my Chanel flaps -- they don't get much use, but when I do use them, I'm very happy I have them.

If there's a bag you're thinking of selling -- and, like you said, you don't have to sell for financial reasons -- take your time deciding. And wear the bag a few times to see how you feel about it while you're using it (which can be quite different from your feelings for it when it's just sitting there, being looked at!). I sold my Chloe Marcie when I finally got over the "But she's so pretty, and I wanted her so badly!" feeling, and realized that the small opening and thin shoulder strap made me annoyed every time I used it. Now she's with someone else, who is hopefully using and loving her a lot. :smile:

I think you guys are right. I have no quelms when I let go of my Celine Micro (maybe its in a really bright colour and I'm at the point where I prefer neutrals other than red) and 2 Chanels.

Now with me facing bags like Lady Dior, Soft Dior, LV Speedy 25 in Empreinte and 2 other Chanels, I am not sure if I can be sure that I will not miss them...

Especially the Lady Dior, although I am very sure I will not use it at least in the near future but because it is in red and it is such a classic, I have thoughts if I should just keep it.

I think I'm way nuttier than you are. I've so many bag wants but still end up buying & using Hermes. Luckily when I took the H plunge I've only a few non H bags. I still use my Chanel maxi & Celine black croc phantom tho. Otherwise all of my bag budget goes to H. Hoping to stop buying H as well and broaden my horizons.

Hate it that nothing makes me feel better than carrying H!

PS I started in May 2009.

I also sold my Celine trapeze and Godard croissiere 35 because they've been sitting in the closet for awhile. Now I'm so glad they've gone to a happy home (got $$ for them too to fund more H!)

Why don't you try using them again and if you really dislike them you can choose to let them go? I've done that with bags I've let collect dust and when I picked them up again I realized why I didn't use them very often. So off to eBay they went and haven't regretted it one bit.