At a crossroad and in need of advice much....

I think I'm way nuttier than you are. I've so many bag wants but still end up buying & using Hermes. Luckily when I took the H plunge I've only a few non H bags. I still use my Chanel maxi & Celine black croc phantom tho. Otherwise all of my bag budget goes to H. Hoping to stop buying H as well and broaden my horizons.

Hate it that nothing makes me feel better than carrying H!

PS I started in May 2009.

I also sold my Celine trapeze and Godard croissiere 35 because they've been sitting in the closet for awhile. Now I'm so glad they've gone to a happy home (got $$ for them too to fund more H!)

Haha. I sort feel that way to about carry H too.I was having more than 20 before I plunge into h. Sold 5 and thinking to rid another 8. Maybe I really shouldn't sell my Lady since its the only bag that is causing me to have second thought, unlike the other bags I sold. I was rather happy that they found a owner who appreciate them more than me.

Why don't you try using them again and if you really dislike them you can choose to let them go? I've done that with bags I've let collect dust and when I picked them up again I realized why I didn't use them very often. So off to eBay they went and haven't regretted it one bit.

Thanks dear. You are right. Maybe I should picked up my Lady and see how I feel about it. Not much second thought for the remaining 7 bags I'm planning to sell.:smile:

Like many of you here, I too have faced this dilemma. I ultimately decided to keep a few Channel and Bottega bags. These were the bags I used the most before taking the H plunge, so it was easy to sell the remaining bags (proenza schouler, a few Channels, LV, Fendi, etc.). I think it really depends on what you see yourself using.

I would not sell my LD. Chances are the quality of those brands are only going to go downhill and price going upwards. I was thinking about selling my LV vernis Alma but took it out the other day and couldn't get myself to sell it. Compared to what's available from LV now, the quality of my Alma is so so much better. I always find occasions for my non-H bags.

I sold some of my non H. bags, but I also still have several non H. bags which I love. One of my favorites is my Chanel East West flap in black caviar, it's perfect for a night out. But, recently, I am also enjoying my lovely malachite green Furla hobo bag. I am so in love with the color and I am pleasantly surprised by the leather, which is buttery soft :love:.

So I think it's fine if you sell some of your non H. bags that you don't use anymore, but if you have doubts, keep the bags you are not sure about for now until you are sure what to do. I did sell some of my non H. bags, and I have no regrets at all.
But I can imagine you have doubts about the Lady Dior, since it's a classic. Perhaps you should take it out soon, to see if you fall in love again ;).

Once I started getting into Hermes, I knew I wanted to "change over" my purse wardrobe and gave away or sold many of my non-H bags.

I do still have a handful of Chanel and LV bags; I kept them because I use them and they are of the older quality when things were still made in France. I also kept an old Burberry tote which has a lot of memories and I use without worry in heavy snow and rain...

If a bag has a nice memory attached, and you know you'll use it and have to room to store it, why not keep it? You can always revisit paring down again as your H collection grows. I revisit my purse closet with every new addition and try to make sure it doesn't outgrow the space or my capacity to reasonably use them all...

I know exactly what you mean. I don't know if I will sound crazy but I feel for my unloved bags so I sold them. I figured I only need so many anyway and, without proper care, the rarely used ones would be damaged. Also, I realized I grew out of some of the bags and they no longer fit my style and so it would be useless to keep them. They now live happily with their new owners :smile:

I kept the really classic ones and those that have sentimental value. I didn't have much in the first place but I now have a small happy bag family, ready to welcome more new members hehe

I ended up selling all my non H bags except for one LV SC bag and two classic Chanel's. I have not regretted selling the other bags and rarely use anything other than H.