Asymmetrical necklines/booblines - what do yo guys think?

polarisfire

Nov 14, 2009
Hey ladies!

So I've been shopping for a swimsuit and I see this interesting one piece that has an asymmetrical neckline. http://www.freepeople.com/beach-swim/colorblock-one-piece/

It reminds me of certain oscars gowns that sometimes make celebrities' boobs look like they're different sizes. Each part of the neckline in those cases are at completely different angles across the boob, similar to the above swimsuit. (simple one shoulder dresses with a lot of bust symmetry don't have this issue) I loveee the idea of asymmetrical personal adornments, but what do you guys think of the possible alien boob effects of asymmetry? Can it be flattering?

I like that swim suit... You'd have one heck of a tan line though. LOL
It looks good on the model... I don't think anyone could pull it off, but I think the best thing to do in these kinds of situations is to try it on yourself.

I like the swimsuit in theory; it looks good on the model. But really, no two boobs are exactly the same size and perfectly symmetric - I think for the average women this swimsuit would create an unflattering optical illusion. Doesn't hurt to try it on though!

I avoid cuts like this for that very reason -- my boobs are noticeably different sizes and this suit would call attention to that. :rolleyes: I think you'd have to be very careful about not only the cut of this suit, but also the color-blocking which can further emphasize boob difference.

I think the design is cool, but it really comes down to how it looks on you. Is there any way you can try it on? If not, then I'd pass.. there are so many cute swimsuit styles that you shouldn't get one that might be weird or unflattering.

mmm thanks for all the input - I mighttttt get it to try it on.

Then again it's probably not worth it :\ the curse'd shipping fees! >_<
I reckon'll it won't be that pretty, because like pearlisthegirl said, no support. And I'm pretttyyyy darn flat.

While we're on the subject of swim suits and support. Does anyone have light bikini padding recommendations? Like for a suit that didn't come with anti-nips-padding.

Last edited: