Aston or Antony or Seth?

Which is the best messenger for me?

• Antony

• Aston

• Seth

Results are only viewable after voting.

trevor

Sep 5, 2006
I'm looking for a nice hands-free bag for travelling mainly and I'm thinking the Antony would be ideal. Quite a classic and looks good. The other bag I keep looking at is the Aston, something about it keeps drawing me to it. I quite like its square shape. It's a little bigger than the Antony and so might be better for stuffing a bit more in it. I was also considering the Seth. But I'm also wondering if the Aston and Seth will be a little too big for me (I'm about 5'4" and a UK size 6/8). The Seth more so cos it's long, but the Aston is more square-ish so it won't dwarf me that much I think.

So what do you ladies think? Which bag would you vote for? Thank you for your opinions and comments. ;)

I voted Anthony, I think it is the ideal messenger bag. Looks cool, the shape makes it very comfy to carry and the size is good. Seth is very nice too, I like the pocket and the rounded shape gives it a slightly softer look than Anthony, imo. Aston looks nice, but I prefer the other two - nothing wrong with Aston, but nothing that makes me want to look twice either. Out of the 3 bags, Aston is the most neutral choice as I see it - nice bag, but nothing special.

I've got this dilemma, too. I've seen the Anthony described on here as "flat" and because of this it doesn't hold too much. I chose my lovely Somerset messenger because it seems more "squashy" and will hold more. The small Warren on the website looks similar but I haven't seen it IRL. I'm just under 5' so don't want anything that will swamp me.

I voted for Antony. It's a great bag and I have it in black. I bought a Joel in chocolate this weekend as I wanted a more summer colour. However, when I put all my stuff in it, it looked odd (because it is flat, I think). So I am going to return it for another Antony in either choc or oak.

The other two are quite a lot bigger than the Antony.

Last edited:
I voted for the Antony. I have one and its great. The Seth is more flat that the Antony. The Antony goes out at the bottom, its a bit like a wedge shape. You can see how much it carries on the 'whats in your bag' thread. There are 2 antony's on there.

Thank you for all your replies :smile:

Looks like the Antony is the most popular. It's probably the most iconic looking cos of its front lock. I've tried on the Antony and Seth and I must say the Antony is a better size. And Whippet you definitely have a point about a flat bag looking funny when it's filled up.