Asscher E-Rings - Share Pics, Please!

Jun 24, 2006
I am dying to get an asscher cut solitaire e-ring with a Tiffany style band. But, not sure which carat size. Leaning between 1.5 and 2. My boyfriend has told me it is 100% up to me.

Show me your asscher cut e-rings, please! I'd love to see pictures of what others have! :love:

To give an idea of size, the jeweler where we found the diamonds said the 1.5 carat is 6.5mm across and the 2 carat is 7.0mm across.

Yes, Asschers face up much smaller in diameter than rounds especially. Their weight is in their...er...bottom! They are fabulously beautiful but do not look as large for their carat weight.

Get the larger, if the budget allows.

this is my e-ring in a halo harry winston-style setting. i think halos look really good in cushion but i just loved the asscher cut and halo setting so decided to marry the two :biggrin:

img2779w.jpg
img2782z.jpg

this is my e-ring in a halo harry winston-style setting. i think halos look really good in cushion but i just loved the asscher cut and halo setting so decided to marry the two :biggrin:

img2779w.jpg
img2782z.jpg

This ring is stunning! :drool: You're a very lucky lady.

My asscher isn't a solitaire, and it's a blue diamond, so while it's not exactly what you're looking for, I'll post it anyways so you can have an idea of the size.

ETA: my ring size is 4.5
It's a 1 ct with two trillions on either side, and the total carat weight is somewhere between 1.3 and 1.4 (I can't remember the exact specs).

Attachments

• three stone .jpg
    three stone .jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 9,667
Just so you know, 6.5 mm is the size of well-cut one carat round and a well-cut 1.5 carat round is going to be 7.4--so basically your 1.5 carat asscher will look like a one carat round and your 2.0 carat will be smaller than a 1.5 carat round.

You might not mind this if you love asschers a lot, but its probably good for you to note beforehand. Also, the asscher is not going to be 'flashy sparkly'. It has a different kind of sparkle, more subtle.

I like the 'mile-deep' look of an asscher and I'm not a size girl. so I admired them a lot in photos and when I saw them in the store. but I didn't decide to get one because any square shape does not flatter my fingers. this is another thing to consider.

They are so beautiful though. I love both the stones that people have shown.

I am dying to get an asscher cut solitaire e-ring with a Tiffany style band. But, not sure which carat size. Leaning between 1.5 and 2. My boyfriend has told me it is 100% up to me.

Show me your asscher cut e-rings, please! I'd love to see pictures of what others have! :love:

To give an idea of size, the jeweler where we found the diamonds said the 1.5 carat is 6.5mm across and the 2 carat is 7.0mm across.

totally have to agree with black jade, rounds have the largest table (like surface area on the top) whereas the asschers have much smaller since more weight comes from the bottom of the stone. in other words, a 3.0ct asscher looks decent sized whereas a 3.0ct round looks enormous.

i too love the asschers. to make your ring look bigger/more bling, i'd def recommend a halo setting.

I have a .97-.99 ct. asscher center stone in my engagement ring (size depends on which appraiser you talk to *LOL*). I'll try and get some pictures of it and post them here for you this evening.

I have mine in a halo-ish setting because it increased the presence of the ring on my finger and made it look bigger. I've always adored asschers, they're so beautiful. Congratulations on your fiance letting you decide which you'd want!

This is not the best picture because it was taken w/ my BB. My engagement ring has a 1.55 asscher center stone and two .25 asscher side stones. I really love my ring even though it is not as sparkly as some other diamond cuts. My wedding band is 1 ct. of princess cut diamonds and my other band is round diamonds with emeralds.

ETA: I will try to take better pictures tonight from my camera.

Attachments

• IMG00412-20100830-1513.jpg
    IMG00412-20100830-1513.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 9,810
  • IMG00415-20100830-1523.jpg
    IMG00415-20100830-1523.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 12,427
Last edited:
It's true that they do come across as smaller than other cuts but it's because they have to be so deep to get that much desired stair step effect. This is my e-ring and wedding ring. I couldn't find a band I liked to match this setting so we used it for the ceremony as well. The center stone is just over 2 cts and is H in color. The side stones (French baguettes and princess) are just over 1 ct total. The metal is 18K white gold.

b440b771.jpg

133f62dc.jpg

OMG A BLUE ASSCHER!!! SWOON! Just gorgeous!! :girlsigh:

This ring is stunning! :drool: You're a very lucky lady.

My asscher isn't a solitaire, and it's a blue diamond, so while it's not exactly what you're looking for, I'll post it anyways so you can have an idea of the size.

ETA: my ring size is 4.5
It's a 1 ct with two trillions on either side, and the total carat weight is somewhere between 1.3 and 1.4 (I can't remember the exact specs).