Aspirin Mask

priiin

Nov 14, 2007
My skin is starting to become more oily and blemishes are starting to appear again. :cursing:

I have spent a lot of money of expensive face masks and so far the only miracle treatment I have found is Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask. It would work wonders and clear up my blackheads and other blemishes. Somehow it just doesn't give me the same results as before, so I am in search of a new mask that will help clear up blemishes.

Has anyone tried the aspirin mask?

Seemed risky to use aspirin on my face, but I have researched and many dermatologists recommend it.

I used to do this for about a year. It worked great for me!! The only reason I stopped was because I 1. was too lazy to crush up the aspirins and make the paste! 2. My sister bought me a glycolic mask product and I fell in love with that. Have you been to makeupalley.com? There has to at least be 1000 reviews on the aspirin mask. There is also a couple of threads here about it I believe.

I swear by the aspirin mask! Cheap generic uncoated aspirins work the best, I add in a bit of honey and aloe gel - sometimes some vitamin e oil too. Ive tried it with plain yogurt and it also worked well. I find using it regularly helps keep my skin in check - I do need a good moisturizer afterwards, but my skin is on the dry side anyways.
by the way, MUA has 1142 reviews with an 87% success rate!

I love the aspirin mask with honey. I use children's chewable orange flavored aspirin with honey and it smells REALLY GOOD.

I don't use that much anymore since I'm too lazy now and my skin became more dry. Right now I'm doing a Vitamin E + Honey + Sugar scrub. I like it a lot! I don't recommend it though because you say your skin is dry.

Aspirin is an acid that has the same type of effect as salicylic acid, I think...which is used in a lot of anti-acne products.

I don't recommend it though because you say your skin is dry.

Actually I have an oily t-zone. :sad:

I read that crushing non-coated aspirin is very easy because it usually dissolves like 3/4 of the way so you don't have much to crush. Is it effective with just the aspirin and water?

This sounds like a good idea. I think I'll try it because it's that time of the month and my chin looks like a pepperoni pizza.

Okay, I'm over-exaggerating...but I'm gonna try it anyway.

Oh, don't worry Lauren, it's that time of the month for me too. My forehead is the problem right now.
I will try this mask tonight or tomorrow. I need to get some aspirin!!

Let me know how it works for you Lauren!

I've used the aspirin mask before. I mixed aspirin in a cup with water and the water basically makes the tablets dissolve into a paste. I spread it on my skin, let it sit for 5-10 mins and wash it off. Really good for clogged pores.

I bought some chewable aspirin since I could not find any non-coated or microcoated aspirin. Dissolves fairly easily so I don't think non-coated is necessary if you cannot find it. It works great so far!

A nice motar and pestle (like pharmacists used to use) is GREAT for crushing up pills. I recommend buying one only because you never know when you'll need to crush up a tablet or two. They can be used as a decorative piece in your bathroom when not in use too... mine is made of a horsehair pottery and looks great in my Native American style decor.

I have seen her xanga and her youtube videos. She does some great tutorials on makeup and skincare.

Maybe I should post this in the deals and steals..but she is auctioning off two brand new Chloe pumps on eBay starting at only $20. They are a cheap alternative to Louboutins, complete with red soles. :biggrin: